EIGHT

"You want me to what?"

"Just flirt with him. I need to make sure."

Cas looked around. Snape wasn't paying attention to him and his best friend, or at least he didn't care.

"Come on, Charlie. Please. I'll do anything you want."

"Anything?", the red haired Hufflepuff raised her eyebrow.

"Yes. I promise."

Charlie looked around, pretending to take notes.

"Fine. But I hope you remember how gay I am."

Cas was literally dying at that point.

"Thank you! What do you want me to do?"

Charlie smirked mischievously.

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

"Heey, Dorothy, what's up?", Cas leaned on the wall, a few feet away from the brunette Slytherin girl.

"Nothing, do I know you?", her eyes were warm, but still intimidating.

Castiel looked around and after he made sure Charlie wasn't stalking him, he broke his confident face, locking his hands together for a prayer and making his best puppy eyes.

"I know we haven't spoken, like, ever, but I need you to do me a favour. My friend, Charlie Bradbury, really wants to be friends with you, but she's too shy to ask. So can you please meet her at lunch, I'll be endlessly grateful. She's a Hufflepuff, she's really nice. Please."

Dorothy's face became a light shade of red when she heard Charlie's name.

"F-fine. Only because you asked nicely. And you seem pretty desperate."

Cas sighed and smiled thankfully.

"You have no idea."

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

"Hey, handsome. Whatcha doing?", Charlie said sweetly, winking at the boy.

"I'm waiting for lunch."

He's being cold. Maybe Cas was right. Or he's just being mean.

"My roommate won't be here tonight, so do you wanna have a little party?"

OH, MERLIN, PLEASE BE GAY.

"I need to learn with my friend, Dean Winchester. Excuse me."

Lucas pushed past Charlie and walked to the Gryffindor dorms.

The girl put her hands under her chin, intertwining them, taking notes in her mind.

"He said no (thank goodness), so that's one 'gay' point.

Thought he seemed nervous as I was talking. 'Straight' point.

He ran off to Dean's room... 'Gay'? Not sure.

But two 'gay' is more than one 'straight'. Bad.

"Hi, Charlie. Did you talk to him?", Cas asked nervously, creeping behind the Hufflepuff.

Crap.

"Heeeyy, Cassie-boy! He, um, I did, yes..."

"And?", Cas was practically bouncing at that point.

"Sorry, dude, but I think he's hella gay."

Castiel couldn't hide his frown. At least Charlie was straight. With giving answers.