ONE

Cas and Dean.
Cas and Dean.
Cas and...

"Mister Winchester! Pay attention!", professor Snape's voice brought Dean back to reality.

Potion class. Urgh.

The most horrible class ever, Dean though. He hated being here. He wasn't that great in potions and Snape knew it perfectly. All Dean wanted to do was to go to his dorm on top of the Gryffindor tower and sleep.

But that bastard wouldn't let him continue his awesome dream.

It was about Castiel, again. That handsome Ravenclaw guy. They have never spoken to each other, maybe just a hello in the morning, when they came in the big hall in the same time, always by pure coincidence (Dean had nothing to do with it, it's not like he was stalking the other boy in his free time).

Reputation was another problem- Dean was the school's jock, player, all girls wanted him and all guys wanted to be him. Or kill him. Cas, on the other hand, was a nerd. Books were his only true love. He had very few friends, and mostly sat by himself in the Dining hall. The Winchester almost sat next to him a few times, but he always gave up when he came near his end of the table.

And he was a Ravenclaw. Ravenclaws were nerds, a badass Gryffindor couldn't be friends with such a loser, like Cas was called from the other jocks.

It was so heartbreaking to look at him only by himself, but there was nothing to be done.

It was strange why Castiel wasn't part of the 'cool guys' squad', tho. He was at least twice as handsome as all the jocks in Hogwarts. He had pitch black hair, which, judging by Cas' constant affords to make it look more tame, had its own mind. His eyes were so blue... Imagine the bluest ocean, or see. Imagine seeing the bright reflection of someone's patronus in the water.

Well, they were bluer than that.

"...which ingredients are necessary, in order to make a potion that can bring dead plants back to life?", Snape's watery eyes were staring at Dean.

"Uh... I... I don't know, professor."

"Very well. For me. Bad for you. You are now free to go, students. Mr Winchester, I'll be seeing you at detention tomorrow night at eight in the evening. Try not to be late."

"I'm never late, sir. You just always come earlier.", a few giggles escaped from the mouths of some girls in the back of the class. Dean smirked.

"What did you say? Detention today? Yes, Mr Winchester. Great idea. Come here at nine."

With those words Snape stormed out of the room, the other students following him. Oh shit.

Why couldn't he keep his mouth shut just this time? There was a very important quiddich training, his little brother Sammy was on the team and he begged Dean to come and watch the practice. The boy couldn't say no to Sam's puppy eyes.

The rest of the day passed very slowly. Dean had Transfiguration, Care of magical creatures and flying.

After dinner, which tasted as awesome as usual, the boy wrapped a piece of pie in his robes and sneaked to Snape's cabinet. He hoped that the old grumpy bastard will only make him do his homework and then let him go with peace to his room when he was ready. He could eat his precious pie in the process.

When Dean reached the door, it was slightly opened and he could hear Snape's hissing voice, probably scuffing someone. Great, he'd have a buddy to share the torture with.

The Winchester bursted inside and threw his heavy bag on the first desk. He didn't even look to see with whom he shared detention.

"Mister Winchester. You've decided to come.", Snape gave him one of his deadly looks, but Dean didn't tremble like the others. "Today you are going to clean the first floor of the castle. Without magic. You'll be sharing detention with mister Novak over there."

Dean almost fell. Novak? Castiel Novak?! The perfect nerd all the teachers (and him, distantly and secretly, so secret that even Cas didn't know) love? No way.

But there he was, standing awkwardly next to a table in the other end of the room, pulling his sweater's sleeves. Jeez, why did he have to be so damn adorable with his puppy blue eyes and glasses and-

"You may return to your dorms when you finish. Good luck."

With these words professor Snape magiported himself.

Dean smiled awkwardly at Cas. The Ravenclaw returned the smile nervously.
That was going to be one long night...