Prologue

Bella's P.O.V

Hi, my name's Bella Mikaelson. I've been dead for over a thousand years. I died from the plague. I was 20, as was Nik. But the thing is I went to the other side where I could look after him. He's not a good person, but I still see the little boy who would chase me around the woods when we were young.

It's our birthday and I'm currently watching him drink, in his house in Mystic Falls. I want to just take his hand and tell him everything ok. But mainly take the bottle away from him so he didn't get drunk...again. I thought about our childhood as I watch him.

~Flashback~

"Come on Nik, you have to catch me!" I yelled running through the woods. I saw mom and Finn laughing as they watched Nik and I chased each other. Father had gone to battle and I swear that was the only time this family was happy.

"But if I do Bella, the game would be over." Nik said and I turned around to him. I looked back at mom as she walks into the house and she brought out Rebekah. I walked over to them and mom looked at me.

"Would you like to hold your little sister, Bella?" Mother asked and I nodded. She handed me Rebekah and I held her close.

"Hi Bekah. I'm going to tell you a little secret. Love. Love is the most strongest thing in the world. So, always follow your heart because I will always look after you." I said rocking her. I heard Elijah and Kol come back with more water and I smiled at them.

"Rebekah, needs the be fed now, Bella" Mother said and I handed her back to my mother.

"Bye, Bekah." I said and as mother went back inside the house.

~End of Flashback~

I sighed and looked at Nik again. Someone opened the door and I saw Elijah, Kol, Rebekah, and Finn. Klaus looked up from where he was sitting on the ground. Rebekah sighed and Elijah walked up to him, taking the bottle away. My savior...

"Niklaus, it's your birthday, must you drink every year." Elijah said. Oh no, Elijah what have you done? Nik walked up to him angry thinking Elijah forgot about me.

"Well, I think you know the very reason why I drink? Or have you forgotten about Bella after the years?" Nik asked and Rebekah snapped.

"We all miss her! Ok," Nik looked at his sister. "I miss my sister more than anything. But I'm not drowning myself in liquor because that's not what she would have wanted!" Rebekah yelled at him and I stepped away from them. Even though they couldn't see me...I did not want to get caught between this.

"How would you know? You all got to say goodbye when I didn't! My baby sister and I didn't get to say goodbye when you all did!" They all stared at Nik with sympithe. "So yes I'm going to drink on my birthday until she comes back. Then maybe I would stop being the bastard brother you think I am!" He yelled at her.

"She doesn't think you're a bastard." I said to him even though he couldn't hear me.

"You're right, but a long time ago, you ask me why I follow my heart. No matter what would happen." Nik looked confused on why she was bringing this up. "I did so because whenever I fall in love, I'm doing what she told me to do. She always said love was stronger than anything." Rebekah said.

"Love is weakness." Nik said.

"No it's not! Look at you, your love for twin still has so much power over you. Yet, you say love is a vampire's greatest weakness. Look at you, you lie every time you say that cause you know that love is what wills you to do everything you've done!" Rebekah yelled at him and then stormed out of the house. Everybody looked at Nik while Elijah went after Rebekah.

"She not wrong brother." Kol said as Finn walked away.

"I know" Nik said and took a swing of his drink.