Chapter 6

"Thank you ."

The minute the car stopped I wasted no time getting out.  Clearly my presence was a nuisance to him and he was just doing Claire a favour so might as well hurry it along and leave. 
Walked up the drive and not once did I glance back. 

Okay okay,  so maybe I did glance back,  but the thing is When I did the car was fading in the distance.  My staring also made me oblivious to the door that opened behind me revealing a very angry mom. Oh dear. 

"Hi mommy! "  I breathed out sheepishly.  "You're home. "

"Don't even think about it, and of course I am home, which is where you should have been when I got here.  Now get inside." I  didn't waste a second I was on the inside in a flash.

"Where have you been? " Oh boy,  what do I tell her?  I can't tell her what happened today,  she will freak out. Heck I am hardly sure what to make of it all much less tell her about it.

"Uh , I was with Danielle and her friends. "

"Right, a d what gender are these friends,  were they female?

"N-not exactly " great you idiot make her more suspicious why don't you.

" I didn't think so either.  Who was that boy that dropped you off and why was there only two of you in the car,  where is Danielle?  Is this the starting of your teenage rebellion where you stay out late and then lie to me? " Oh no, no,no this conversation is no going in my favour and my mom's face is contorted into painfull anger. The truth is I didn't see where Danielle and Delan  went when Claire asked Emmet to take me home they were already gone.

"MOM I swear I was with Danielle,  she wanted to visit this old lady and we we're spending time with her.  She really needed the company it got late and since Danielle doesn't have a car Emmet offered me a ride." Slight alteration to the truth but she can know the real truth. Would she believe me if I told her anyway .

She sighed and ran her hand through her hair.

"Do you know how worried I was when I came home so late in ty he night only to find that you weren't here Averielle? ' I called your phone when I couldn't hear you and found  it ringing here. ' 'Your phone was here but you weren't  are you understanding that Averielle ? Do you know what that does to a mother ?"  Oh man she was getting angry again.
" I took some time off and I was thinking of a little summer vacation for the two of us but I don't think that's a good idea anymore. I am going to be home for a few days and in that time period you are grounded. Are you getting that young lady.  "

She is grounding me,  this is not good.

"Yes man"

Your room now.” What am I going to do she grounded me. I have never had a reason to be grounded ever and now this? On the night of the full moon I am going to need to go to that portal site to get my necklace.

I enter my room only to find my phone ringing.
“Hello?”

“Did you get home safely ?”

“Yes I did no thanks to you. Where did you go?”

“Enough with the bitchy attitude I have had enough of it today. I went with Delan.”

“So you left me with strangers to go off with a boy?” I cant believe her.

“I wish I was close by to slap you, you have no idea the sacrifices I have made as a matter of fact you know absolutely nothing, while you were here having the time of your life I was in Arden trying my best to help our kind so pardon me if I took time off from babysiting you. I know your royalty but you seriously need to get off your high horse. I just called to tell you that you have training starting at sunrise.”

“Wow Dannie tell us how you really feel, newsflash I am grounded.”

“ You let me worry about that. Go to bed you have A long day ahead of you.”

How dare her tell me what to do and what not to. I move towards the bathroom , I need a bath before bed.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-**-*-*                                              *-* 

I know it's short. It's sort  of a filler chapter. Averielle was being a little bitchy eh. 

Do you think they will make up a training ?

Exciting times ahead, I can't name the chapter for sure but just you wait. 

If you like my work click the little star please,  don't forget to comment constructively on anything if you think I am not going about it the right way.  I aim to please and I need your help to make it perfect. 

- Lace  .