Chapter 3

It has already started, what the hell has all already started?
"What the hell is going on?" I voiced out loud.

She ignored me and continued to talk into the weird little black thing. "Of course I am sure, her eyes have gained back their natural color and I am willing to bet the entity has taken its place in her mind."

I had enough since she wouldn't tell me maybe the person on the other end could I grabbed the phone from her hands , rude I know but she has been all weird since she came here and it was starting to freak me out.

"What is she talking about, does this have anything to do with me?" I barked into the phone? Whoever was on the other end did not speak and this really made me angrier.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" I asked softer this time. Silence, I held the phone to my ears just the same and then.
"We are coming." A cold tone answered.

"What, we who, who is coming and where are you going surely it's not here right?" I asked now finally aware I was speaking to dial tone.

"Danielle?" I turned to her; she had sat down on my couch with her head in her hands.

"Averielle we need to talk but we should wait for Emmet and Delan to get here." She said rubbing her hands across her face.

"No talk to me now, I don't even know who they are." I said

"If you could wait a couple more minutes I promise everything will be explained to you."
Something inside me snapped, before I was aware I had her up against the wall by her throat. "I want my answers." My voice was feral, angry like fire, so unlike my normal voice. Oh god what had I done? I let her go and stepped back.

"What is wrong with me?" I didn't get an answer and I became aware of two figures that came through my front door.

"Averielle." I heard Danielle say as she advanced in my direction.
I closed my eyes and screamed out.
"No don't come near me.Leave!! Why aren't you moving goddamit?"

I remember the last time I had been near her I had her up against a wall by her throat.I had no idea why these things were happening especially last night.

Right after I opened my eyes I realized that was the least of my problems as there was what looked like an armor of fire around me. To say I was frightened would have been an understatement.

"Oh my god, help me put it out, what the hell ?" I was screaming now. There stood my wall of fire like a cage, my legs forgot the meaning of motion and I don't think I would move if I could.

"Averielle this is your doing, you need to put it out yourself." I don't know why she would tell me to put it out when it just came out of nowhere and now had me cornered.

"I can't I don't even know how it got there."
"Here let me try." one of the boys stepped forward towards me. When had they gotten here

"Averielle I am going to need you to imagine the fire dying down." I tried, but my mind kept screaming fire and I couldn't think.

Then he stepped forward and did the unthinkable he, by using some hand movements parted my wall of fire so he could slip through he only managed a small gap which closed again once he was inside my armor he had on to my forehead. Then he started to speak.

"Your majesty I need your help, she is unable to wield your powers because she is only learning. Help her control it."

Was this boy off his rockers, he was speaking to my forehead. It was as if he completely disregarded my presence and I was just about to call him out on it when I heard a whisper.

'Averielle!' it continued 'You need to submit control to me.' I heard it, it wasn't said out loud but it was audilble to me and only me.

It was as if the presence that I felt earlier increased ten-folded, and its voice, the only way I could describe its voice was ethereal. But that was ridiculous, I mean I am basically talking to my self and imaging my self talking back to me. Man I swear I'm getting crazier by the minute. But whats even crazier is the firewall in front of me so with that I keep up the communication.

'How do I do that?' I asked
"Imagine there is a door in your mind, walk up to it and yank it open. "I did just as she said , when I did I as a large golden door that seemed to have a glowing light coming from under it , when I opened it I saw a large bird. It had scarlet and gold feathers and a tail that was on fire but not burning.

"Who are you ?"I asked. Great I was talking to a bird.

"I am your phoenix darling now say after me. I submit."

"I submit." I don't know what I was submitting to but I was hoping it was the control to get the fire out of my mom's apartment.

A few seconds later I was frozen watching as the fire evaporated into nothing it was as if I was watching from a television in my mind and then only a few seconds later my vision returned to normal where I saw from my eyes instead of my mind. I looked around and the room looks as it was before the was no burnt residue from the flame.
Everybody stood frozen watching me.

" I don't feel so good" I said stumbling and I fell forward, the floor looked happy to see me because it was rushing up to meet me .I couldn't tell when my body hit the floor because darkness engulfed me.

I groaned as I finally came to. I heard mumbling around me but I couldn't decipher it. I looked around and saw that I could not see anything through the blurry haze that my eyes were responsible for.

After my vision was back to normal I had two new things to think about, one; I felt nauseous and drained. Two; I was not in me and my mom's apartment, its either that or she has hidden her penchant for the Renaissance up until now. I was lying on pastel pink, chair-couch something that looked like the plastic had be recently removed in fact all the furniture in this house looked ancient but well kept.

I had this weird dream that I had a haunted glowing necklace, weird but bad ass ninja skills like jumping from very high places and landing on the ground without breaking a single thing, strength enough that my not so muscular frame could lift my best friend off her feet by her neck oh and the pyrokenetic ability that is controlled by a fiery-bird that shares my brain space with me. Which was some how connected to me engulfing myself in a wall of fire , I was later saved by a boy who seemed to not like me very much but spoke to my forehead just the same. All in all most eventful dream of my existence. Maybe I should probably get a journal make sure I never forget, hell I could even write a fantasy novel about it.

'It wasn't not a dream love' Yes I could have sworn the bird sounded exactly like that voice I heard inside my he- wait a minute.

'Hello,' I called out if it were ever uttered by lips I assume it would sound timid..

'Yes darling like I said, it was not a dream I am your Phoenix.' She cooed.

'Are you like reading my thoughts now?' I asked.

'Well I do believe it's a given darling, we share your entire being, I am merely an extension of you, only I'm hotter. Get it, ha, I crack myself up.'

'Yeah.Hilarious' I wonder if nonchalance has the desired effect in the conscience.

My conversation was cut short when everyone that was present turned towards me to see that I was awake. Oh well what'd know the bird was right I wasn't dreaming because here stood Danielle, Emmet and Delan(still unsure who is who though) and an old woman who has some bubbling liquid in her hands while she move towards a table with phials that was across the room.

''Good Av you're awake." Danielle was the first to speak.
"I feel like shit." I finally answered; it was true I did feel awful, it was if my arms and legs had their own individual anchors that prevent me from getting up.

"Language Averielle." The old woman scolded me. I looked at her, really looked at her, I don't think I have ever met this woman before but something about her seems familiar.
"Who are you?" Seems as if for the past two days all I have been doing is asking questions.
"Of course you wouldn't remember me child. I am Claire." She replied smiling.

AVERIELLE (Book 1 of the Not Your Average Princess Series)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें