After meeting with Prodigy, I got in my car, unable to contain my excitement. Not only was I given the opportunity to single-handedly craft my ticket back to Capitol, I was getting paid to do so! We start in a couple of weeks, as soon as he can get the disclosure agreement papers finalized. God is so good.

After buckling my seatbelt, I placed on my favorite pair of Coach sunglasses, and put the key in the ignition. I placed my phone on the auxiliary and played Fat Joe and Remy Ma's All The Way Up, turning the volume as high as my eardrums would allow. I was feelin' myself.

I drove out of the parking lot, bobbing my head and rapping along to the music.

"Champion sound, yeah I got a few rings and I'm all the way up!
And you can stay up!" I rapped, making a stank face and obnoxiously popping my collar.

As I approached a red light, a sudden surge of confidence ran through me, and I paused the music and dialed Jayden's number. He deserved a much better night than I had given him last night, and what better time to make it up to him than now?

"Hello, princess." he answered, causing me to blush uncontrollably.

"You know I hate when you say that," I playfully scolded him. "But anyways, I was just wondering if you were free later?"

"Why yes I am, what's up?"

"I wanna see you, Jay. Can I swing by in like...an hour or so? And we can hang out at the Plaza or something?"

"Sure, sounds great."

"Great, see you later!"

"Bye princess." I roll my eyes at the pet name that never fails to make me feel butterflies in my stomach every single time it rolls off his tongue.

After I hung up, the music started again, and I turned it back up as I drove home to freshen up.

I pulled into the apartment complex, and made my way to my door, giving it a slight knock in case Brooke had company. She opened the door, still in her pajamas. Typical Brooklyn.

"Where've you been, miss? Your shift at Safeway starts in approximately..." she glanced at the non-existent watch on her wrist. "Twenty-four minutes." She moved out of the doorway, allowing me to walk in.

"I don't need Safeway anymore." I shrugged boastfully, placing my bag on the table and moving my sunglasses to the top of my head.

"Since when? Last I checked you were picking up pennies off the street just to afford your oh-so exquisite and unnecessarily expensive wardro-" She placed on hand on her hip.

"The point is," I cut her off, no longer interested in hearing her go on about my financial struggle, "I'm done with Safeway and penny pinching. I got a job." I plopped on the couch.

"Is that so? What are you doing?"

"I'm helping-" I'd suddenly remembered about the disclosure agreement that my paycheck was now dependent on. It wasn't that I didn't trust Brooke, I'd just rather not take the chance. "Helping out...at Sony." I lied, changing the channel on the television to find a distraction from our conversation.

"No way! Dude, congrats!" Brooke cheers, tackling me on the couch. "We gotta go out to celebrate!"  She sits on the other side of the couch.