fifteen

Valerie

I can't believe I just said that to him...I'm such a horrible person. Shawn is her father...he's more of a father than Chad ever was.

Chad was never even here.

"Val.." I heard. I turn and see Laur. "What" I said. "That was harsh" she said. "I know..he probably hates me" I responded. "No he doesn't..if he did why would he still be looking for Dana?"

I sighed and laid on the couch. My daughter was taken by her psychotic birth father. I'm probably going to lose Shawn again. I might never get Dana back. Why has my life come to this? Why does my life suck. I hate it..its probably God punishing me for what I did to Shawn back then. This is probably my punishment.

Maybe if I just ended it?

No. That's the coward way out. I stood up. "Where are you going?" Laur asked. "To go look for my daughter" I said marching out. I heard her and Zach call me but I ignored them and got in my car and began to drive.

I wasn't going to look around the area. Chad isn't that stupid. I guess im driving to the airport. I need to get to Chicago. The drive to the airport wasn't to long I got there and went inside. I got the first ticket I couldn't get. It leaves in an hour. I went through the everything then eventually was at the terminal.

No one is going to keep me away from my daughter.

.

.

The flight wasn't as long as I suspected but I was exhausted. I ran out the airport and caught the first taxi. I remember Chads mother telling me where they lived a while back. Hopefully she still lives there so I can find out where he lives.

The cab dropped me off in front of a big building. I remember now his dad is the owner of this place. I walked in and went to the front desk. "Hi is Mrs. Henderson here?" I asked. "Oh honey...Mrs. Henderson passed away two years ago..but her son loves here, what are you to him?" She asked. His mother died...?  "An old friend" I responded.

Oh okay? Here take this extra room key I'm sure he won't mind" She said. "Yeah.. I did" I said. "Here you go" she said. I thanked her and made my way up.

Apartment 450

'Oh honey...Mrs. Henderson passed away two years ago'

I kept hearing it in my head. His mom passed away...is that why he's so determined all of a sudden. Because of his mom?

The elevator stopped causing me to break from my thoughts. I sighed and walked out the elevator. '430' was the door in front of me. I turned left and began to walk down the hall. The numbers kept increasing until I finally got to apartment 450.

I heard noise through the door. I heard crying.

"I want my mommy and daddy"

It was her it was Dana.

"I am your daddy, princess"

"No you're not.."

I began to bang in the door. "We'll talk about this later.." I heard. I then heard footsteps coming towards the door. The door eventually opened.

"Valerie.."

-----------------------------------------

The Weight reached over 20k reads?! That's insane! Thank you guys!