"Well, that's only plan A, love. There's always a plan B." Klaus added. "And what's plan B?" Hayley asked. "War."

*

"Look I know you and Klaus are friends but ever since the Originals showed up-" Thierry was cut short when Niklaus and Louis walked into the room. "Oh come on now Thierry. You still aren't over the little toxic werewolf bite I gave you, are you? I thought we were bygones?" Niklaus interrupted. "I see you've given him free rein over you compound now too. And look he even brought by his dear old friend, who killed half of our men back in the 80s." Thierry said. "Yes, well seeing as my family, Louis and I lived here-built the place in fact-" "Alright." Marcel said cutting Niklaus off. "Come on. You both know the drill. Thierry is my guy inner circle. Klaus is my old time friend and sire. Louis is my well accounted for uncle I remember dearly. They are my guests here. Peace, all right?" Marcel stated. All right." Niklaus said, with a crooked smile.

"What do you need my brother?" Marcel asked. "I am sad to say my demanding sister has requested my brothers return. She's quite worked up about it." "I'll say." Marcel stopped Klaus. "We're not going to have 3 originals walking around town, are we? Half our guys think the sister killed the nightwalkers." Thierry interrupted. "Is that an accusation?' Niklaus asked. "Eh." Thierry retorted. "To an Original!?" Klaus said, getting angry. "What did I say about Peace?" Marcel asked, as he held Thierry back and Louis took a strong grip on Niklaus. "Come on. Walk with me." Marcel said and pulled the older men out of the room.

*

"Your inner circle man lacks a sense of humor." Klaus said and followed Marcel with Louis next to him. "He's a little over protective but loyal to a fault." Marcel answered. "I saved his life back in 40s. Found him dying of a war wound outside a VA Hospital. He'd kill for me, and die for me." Louis took in a deep sigh when he heard Marcel say kill. Though he knew Marcel had nothing to do with what Thierry had done. He was just following orders. "Plus that boy can play the trumpet like you would not believe. Maybe I'll see if he can play a little at the party. You two coming, right?" Marcel added, turning to Klaus and Louis. "How could I miss my chance to meet the city councilmen as he accepts you giant charitable donation?" Klaus said with a smile. "Louis is my plus three." Klaus added. "Three?" Marcel asked. "Athena will be joining. I have begged her and she accepted." Klaus said. Marcel slightly smiled at the thought of Athena. Of course, he was never fond of her in a romantic way, but the way a brother will forever be there for a sister.

"Now the councilman of course he's a shmuch, but he lets us do our thing in exchange for certain community services." Marcel said, bring back the last topic. "Like keeping out fangs out of the locals." He added. "Listen about your brother. I would love to help you out, but Thierry is right. My guys are on edge. Ever since the 80s they were afraid of Louis as it is but seeing the Original family moving in , vampires dying, it makes them nervous. If I hand Elijah back now, it might get the wrong impression about who's really in charge here. You know what I mean?" Marcel said, looking at Niklaus and waiting for a response. "You understand I had to ask." Marcel nodded his head and turned to check on some things for the party. "Oh and Louis," He said, and turned. "Forgive me." He said, his eyes soft and a frown etched on his face. Turning back to what he had originally planned Niklaus watched as Marcel walked away.

Niklaus turned and saw how Louis looked at the ground with a blank face, than turned to look back up and began to walk out the building, Niklaus now following him. "Louis?" He called out, making the man turn to his old friend. "If you and Athena have been living in here since we began to build the city, why do you and her have something against Marcel. The hatred you have is almost as big as the one I have for him. But he took something from me, what happen to you and him?" Niklaus asked and walked along side Louis. Louis sighed and looked up than back ahead of him. "It was in the 80s, as Thierry said before." Louis began. "This was back when Marcel had first started to take over the Quarter. Of course, me and him were close so he would leave me and my family alone, knowing we deserved the city just as much as he did.