trois || t h e n

I'm amazed when I look at you. Not just because of your looks but because of the fact that everything I've ever wanted is right in front of me.

-Unknown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"You know, I've been watching you for a while now, just looking at that tree." Marcella turned around and saw it was only Niklaus. She only watched him, making him sigh. "I have no reason to ask why you choose to be like this, but it still leaves me curious." Niklaus said, making Marcella sigh as well. "It's only a problem I push on myself. I can assure you, you are no problem to me." Marcella answered. Klaus smiled and stretched out his hand for her to take.

Slowly but surely, she took it and they walked off back to the village. Mikael and Esther watched as Marcella and Niklaus walked out hand in hand. "Mikael, at least one of our sons are with the Princess." Esther explained. "Yes, but it is the wrong son." Mikael scold. Esther only shook her head and went back to hanging clothes. "Princess Marcella supper is ready." Marcella looked over to the small house they built for her and her brother. Marcella went to walk off to the house, but Niklaus pulled her back. "Will I see you again?" He whispered.

Marcella smiled, it was something they have established. Klaus would ask if they would meet again and Marcella would just smile, telling him it was always a yes. She let go of his hand and walked off. Niklaus smiled and watched as she disappeared into the small house. "I've never seen you this fond of something." Elijah said, coming up behind Niklaus. "Now, I wouldn't say that." Niklaus laughed. "The way you feel for our family isn't the same way you feel for her, Niklaus." Elijah said, laughing with him.

*

"I've noticed you've been talking more to Niklaus." Louis answered. "And what difference does that make?" Marcella smiled. "Nothing, Marcella." Louis laughed. Louis has seen the major difference between her and the old her that shut herself off from the world. Marcella noticed too. Niklaus just somehow manages to change her perspective. Her thoughts. Her feelings. "I'm happy for you." Louis said. "I am too." Marcella whispered. She glanced out the window and saw Niklaus playing with Henrik.

Niklaus looked up and saw Marcella through the window. He gave her a smile and she smiled back. She turned away before he saw her cheeks turn red. The light shining with happiness quickly faded inside, and she looked down with a frown. "What is wrong Marcella?" Louis asked. Louis looked at her confused for a moment."I'm scared to love him." Marcella answered truthfully. Louis placed his fork down and looked at her. "Why?" He asked. Marcella looked back out the window. "I've seen what it can do. I don't know if it is worth it." She couldn't help but feel sad not only for her but for Niklaus. "If it was to come to that, I wouldn't care for me. I would care more about what I would do to him."

She could still remember the terror she had seen in her friends eyes just before they drove a dagger threw his chest. But that terror couldn't compare to the sadness she saw in her brother's. Marcella swallowed the lump in her throat and blinked away some tears. "You are not Arthur and Niklaus is not Nyah. This is your story, it will end the way you wish it to." Louis told her, knowing full well she is still beat up from the past. Marcella only looked down, feeling ashamed for what she had admitted.

Louis sighed and looked down "Did you know wolves were real?" He said, changing the subject. "Of course. I see them all the time." Marcella answered. "No. I'm talking about human wolves. Those who can turn into a wolf." Louis added. Marcella looked up confused. "No?" She said. "Well they are. And there are many here in the village. Can you believe that?" Marcella shook her head, a small smile forming. "It would be shame to come across one."