Chapter 16

A figure moved silently through the night, shadowed by winged silhouettes. They moved together swiftly, dodging the trees' webbed fingers which contended in blocking their paths, until they found the entrance they had been looking for. The figure let out a small breathe as he smiled, his eyes glinting wickedly as he moved up to the entrance of the cave. A torch hung at the stone edge and the figure grabbed it, lifting it out of the hook on the wall, before moving down the passage. The winged creatures glided to the leafy ground before trailing the figure down the passage. The figure grunted as he observed his followers, he had not realised they had been watching him, but he soon ignored them. He was not here for them. They did not matter. The God inside did. The figure descended a long, steep flight of stairs before reaching a heavy looking door. Turning the brass knob, he pushed the metal door open and moved into the room cautiously. 

"Ah the man I've been waiting for-- your majesty" a voice purred from within the room.  

The figure moved his hood and smiled at the God. His black eyes sparked in the feeble torch light and he smirked. The King moved towards the table where the God sat and seated himself in the chair opposite him. Flexing his fingers along the arms of the chair he sat backwards; "You asked me to come? Why now?"

The God laughed and leaned forward "Why Brevil, if I may call you by your first name, I have summoned you here so that we can talk about your work and our plan. How has your work been going?"

The King breathed in deeply before responding "I have succeeded in capturing and conjuring multiple daemons and spirits." He swallowed before spitting out the next word "The Creatures--if you can call them that now are ready for battle. They soon will not be able to remember their previous lives and pathetic emotions, so there will be no interference in our plan. When you call me to transport the army I will be ready--Convar."

Convar smiled, he was very pleased with this news. He leaned back into his throne comfortably and looked at Brevil, the King of the North, a weasel of a man, and studied him. This man would do. The King had no kind emotions of any sort; he was perfect for delivering him with his army before being dispatched of. Even if the Chosen Child chose the Light he had a sizeable army to crush them with. Convar reviled in the idea of soaking in their blood. 

"How will the army be transported? And I will keep my Kingdom as agreed." The King looked at Convar with swallowed distaste. Brevil hated all Creatures and their Gods. Not his. They all disgusted him and he wished to annihilate them all. If only that were possible, but it wasn't. So instead he made the next best deal, with the Devil himself, and would be responsible for wiping out most Creatures and Gods. Then when their war was over he would destroy the remaining vermin. The King smiled back at Convar. 

"I will send Medulla." Convar gestured to the woman who stood in the shadows "She's powerful and will be able to move my army from your dungeons to the battle field. When the time is right I will send her. As for your Kingdom--I will allow you to keep it." Convar wanted to make this petty human understand that he was nothing compared to him. He was dust. But a deal was a deal and Convar never broke a promise, Brevil could keep his castle if that made him obedient. 

The King nodded before rising to his feet "I require your witch to transport me back to my castle. I do not wish to walk again."

Convar nodded and signalled Medulla over to them; "Take the King back to his castle."

Brevil pulled his hood back over his head and moved over to Medulla who took hold of his arm firmly. The King made one nod towards the God in a respectable manner "Until the battle" he muttered before disappearing into nothing. 

Convar smiled to himself and flexed his hands along his throne and stretched his legs. What a war this would be, of course he was planning to win, but making a name for himself as he did so just added to his pleasure. His wife Aerowny would be crying in chains at his feet begging for forgiveness when he was finished.