Princess of Swords 2 (Sword of Darkness)

Chapter 1: City of Light - Finally here.

"The Council will give you sanctuary Chosen Child. Consider our deal wisely."

Rose nodded, her black hair shimmering behind her, dancing along her dark leathers.

The Goddess, the Queen of Light, sat in the highest throne staring down at Rose with wondering eyes - no one knew which side Rose would choose for.

"I will think about your proposal Aerowny" Rose said finally running her eyes over the seated Gods and the Goddess herself - all whom were robbed in gold, a colour which complemented their golden tinted skin.

Her eyes finally landed on Lana who stood leaning against the wall. Lana's eyes which were focused generally on a man who sat by the Goddess - Arthur.

Turning and walking out of the tense Council Hall Rose breathed and relaxed.

The Council had given her a proposal, which like Convar they wanted her fealty. They wanted her to join their side.

Giving them a drop of my blood will save them.

The Goddess melodic voice rung in her ears.

It will save them, but it will also turn them into very powerful beings; Gods.

I am willing but they must be worthy of my blood. If they prove themselves I will save them--both of them.

Rose turned a corner walking up spiraling steps, feeling breeze brush her face with its cold fingers - she felt numb.

It seemed either way she was being tested; both mentally and physically.
If she chose Darkness one would die, but if she chose Light they both could live but only if they're worthy.

Either way they both could die. There was no right answer.

This proposal has a deadline. I give you till the last leaf drops. The end of Autumn and then you must choose.

Walking into the lowering sunlight Rose ambled along the balcony gripping the wall. So much choice. To heavy the burden.

If she chose Darkness she'd have to chose Henry because he couldn't die.

He couldn't.

If he did there would most likely be a war. But she also knew she couldn't lose Cole. He couldn't die. She wasn't sure what she'd do if she actually lost him. He was her other half - her mate.

But what happens if he isn't worthy..

There was movement behind her. Rose swung round Mesalder in hand.

"It's just me" Cole breathed moving closer his hands held up defensively. His black hair splaying in the wind and his eyes dark with lust for her. His black shirt hung around his muscular chest, billowing and allowing her to see the black spirals.

Rose trembled, Mesalder shaking in her hand.

She couldn't make the decision - she couldn't lose him.

Cole gently took Mesalder out of her hand and laid it on the edge. Brushing his hands up her shoulders, his hands ending up cupping her rosy cheeks. Rose's lip quivered, tears rolling down her cheeks "I can't chose" she whispered.

"Yes you can" Cole answered strongly.

"N-"

Cole stopped Rose by pressing his lips firmly on top of hers, taking in her sweet rosemary smell and taste. While his musk enveloped her senses.