idiot. (short) ☆

Unedited ☆゚.*   

 I haven't always hated hospitals. On the contrary, I actually enjoyed the calm chaos of the large, white clinical buildings, and the order. Of course it was a place of death and sadness, but it was also a place of greater saving and helping people. I always felt safe there, I guess. Even if you were attacked, there was a crew of people who could save you at a moment's notice, especially with all the medical advances in the past 20 or so years. Plus, I always loved getting my blood drawn. It made me feel all light-headed, and plus, there were cookies.

I loved the hospital for saving lives, but I also hated them for it. When they saved Archer Rey from death with the help of a high-level health-type quirk user, that's when hospitals became the enemy. That's when began to feel hatred run down my spine, to the ends of each nerve whenever I stepped foot into one of the now abhorrent white walled buildings.

So imagine the joy I felt when I woke up blinded by the bleak white fluorescent light, surrounded by beeping machines and balloons. (hint: it wasn't that joyful). I didn't alert the evil bitch monsters of dea- ech-em, I meant the nurses right away. I took my sweet time landing on planet earth and wondering how the fuck I got here in the first place.

Oh yeah, the villain attack, Aizawa. I overused my quirk, yet again. All this time using it and I still didn't know how to work it really.

I scanned the room, surprised by the color. There were bouquets of flowers, stuffed animals, cards, candy, baskets, etc. One caught my eye, it was a huge teddy bear with a card that had a picture of the whole class from our first time wearing our hero costumes. Of course, I looked detestable but that was besides the point.

I swung my legs to the side, and grabbed onto iv cart pole, hoping that I wouldn't set off any alarms or anything as I struggled to stand up. It took a few seconds, seeing as my legs had to have feeling returned to it, but I got the hang of it within seconds really.

I padded to the chair on which the teddy bear sat, card in hand, Get well soon! balloon tied to the furry wrist. I opened the card, which was quite large, like one of those mega cards that was handcrafted together, and was met with a bouquet of signatures and small notes.

Class sux without u (y/n), so get better quick! Kirishima

We miss you!! Ochako

Thanks. Shouta Aizawa

Etc, etc. I was pleasantly surprised and actually happy from the gesture, but in reality, I was just looking for a singular signature in specific. And after an entire two minutes of searching, I found it.

Idiot. Bakugou.

I don't know why it made me so happy, the guy was a pain in the ass and life without him would be a cakewalk. But, I don't know. Something about the class forcing him to write something, and then him begrudgingly writing the single word 'idiot' and getting chastised by Ochako and the rest of class, made me really happy actually.

Footsteps softly sounding and stopping is what drew my attention away, making eye contact with the young demon who had stepped into my room with a tray of 'food'.

"Oh, you're awake? That's surprising, you shouldn't be out of your bed." She forced me back into my bed, but I brought the teddy bear with me, spooning the shit out of it. "I'm getting the doctor. It's really surprising that you're awake, you know you- I'll let the doctor tell you about that." She cut herself off, and quickly left the room, leaving the tra on the bedside table. I poked the jello and watched it jiggle for a minute straight. Yeah right.

A few phone calls later, a tall, lanky doctor entered my room. He had kind but clinical eyes, small glasses perched upon his bird-beak like nose. He did a basic check up, eye movement and blood pressure and such, before taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

"Do you know how long you've been asleep?" He asked, eyes moving between my own and his clipboard.

"How would I even be able to know that, do you see a calendar in here?" I snapped back. In reality, I had asked about 3 different nurses the same thing, but nobody would answer me. I wanted to look in a mirror to make sure I wasn't 80 or something.

"Now, now, no need to get testy. You've only been asleep for about a week-" He began but I cut him off.

"A WEEK? Holy shit, do you guys just sit with your healing quirks up your assholes or what?" I snapped. How could they let me go out for an entire week. How much of my studies, and more importantly, the new season of Haikyuu had I missed?

"That's not the point. You were supposed to be asleep for at least two more months, and that was only with the quirk therapy. You could have been asleep for years easily. You used your quirk over about 5 times its limit, your body wasn't ready for it. You've barely trained it. You could have di-" He began ranting, but was cut off again by a stout woman running down the halls hysterically, screaming "MY BABY'S AWAKE" at the top of her lungs.

"M'am, we're going to have to ask you to calm down, you're disturbing the patients." By now, they were right outside my room, I could hear her voice.

"Oh, get outta my way." A gasp could be heard as the woman I knew as my mother barreled into the room, pouncing onto me with the strength of a tiger.

"My baby, thank God, how could you, do you know how much you scared your poor mother?" She began sobbing hysterically and I let out a chuckle, patted her head as she snotted onto my chest. The doctor excused himself and my mother and I stayed that way for about another hour, and I sat there assuring her everything was OKAY. 

***

holy shit guys, 630 reads already? you guys rock.