It's Mah Birthday

I was bored out of my wits the moment I got home. 

"Mom there's nothing to do." I complained to my mom for what must've been the billionth time that morning. It's now almost the end of summer and I've been cut off from Fred and George this whole time. 

"Has Fred and George replied yet?" she asked. I had just sent a letter out to them yesterday asking if I could visit them. 

"No." I said grumpily. They hadn't written to me all summer and I was starting to get angry and frustrated at them, "Why aren't they writing back?" I wondered aloud. 

"Maybe they're just busy." my mom said absentmindedly as she waved her wand and got the dishes to do themselves. 

"Mom, it's the middle of August!" I exclaimed to her angrily. 

"Alright, alright, no need to take your anger out on me." she said back, "We're going over to Diagon Alley next week anyway to get your school supplies and maybe you can pop up at the Burrow and visit them." 

"Great, another exciting week." I said sarcastically. 

One week later... 

"Okay, so you've got all the things you need?" my dad asked me as we went to meet up with my mom who was getting my books. 

"Yeah, so now we can go to the Burrow, right?" I said eagerly. 

"Yes, yes we can go now." my dad said a little annoyed, I had asked them so many times it was getting on both of my parents' nerves. 

We met up with my mom and apparated to the Burrow. I practically sprinted up to the crooked house and ran up their front porch. I tried to open the fron door but it was locked, I knocked but nobody seemed to be home. I walked sadly back to my parents. 

"They're not there." I muttered. 

"It's okay sweety." my dad told me, "We'll come back later." he promised. 

We went back to our hotel and I was still down. I decided to send a letter to the twins again now that I'm in the same country as them. 

Three days later, there was still no reply from them. I was upset because my birthday was the last day of August and it's already August 28th. The 28th soon became the 29th and then the 30th came and before I knew it, my birthday came and went with just my parents and I going to dinner for celebration. It the worst birthday I've ever had. Ever since I met Fred and George, they had always celebrated my birthday with me, that is, except for this year. 

The next day, my parents saw me off and I settled into my own empty compartment and curling up into a tiny ball and sitting next to the seat closest to the window. What was going on? Why didn't Fred and George answer my letters and then why weren't they home? I stared out the window and watched as the city landscape slowly started to change to the country. 

Just then, the compartment door opened andI felt someone sit down next to me and pulling me into a hug. I knew who it was but I didn't look at them and kept staring out the window. Another person knelt down in front of me as I buried my face in my hands. 

"Come on, don't make us." George's voice said tauntingly as he tried to pry my hands from my face. 

When I still didn't budge, Fred said, "Alright, love, you give us no choice." and he and George started to tickle me like crazy. Despite my efforts to stay mad at them, I couldn't help but squirm and laugh my head off in their arms. 

"Stop, stop." I sputtered out between laughs. 

"Will you let us explain?" George asked as they halted their tickling. I shook my head and rolled out of their laps and tried to run away but they caught me. 

They kept tickling me until I finally had to yell out, "Okay! Okay! I'll let you guys explain!" 

They stopped tickling me and I leapt away from them and put a scowl on my face. But that scowl slowly started to fade as they explained to me why they hadn't written and why they weren't living in their hosue. There was this thing called the Order of Phoenix that Dumbledore had extablished to fight Voldemort the last time he was in power. It was back now and headquarters was at Sirius's house and everyone was really strict about security and they couldn't write to anyone. 

I wasn't as mad at them after they explained to me. They couldn't've done anything about it. 

"And we know yesterday was your birthday." George said with a smile. 

"We're sorry we couldn't be there," Fred said. 

"But we didn't forget your present!" George finished. 

Fred smiled and pulled out a slim silver box with a red bow on it and handed it to me. I gasped when I opened it and saw this beautiful charm bracelet in it. "It's beautiful." I exclaimed. 

"Check this out." Fred said as he put the bracelet on my wrist and took one of the charms and unhooked it. It was a extremely detailed mini broomstick. Fred put it in his palm and clapped his other palm on top of it and a real life size broomstick appeared in his hands. 

"We charmed it so that all the charms will actually become a real object and whenever you need the object, the charm will be on here." George explained. 

I grinned from ear to ear and pulled them both into a hug. Maybe my 17th birthday wasn't so bad after all.