I never even look a quarter bad

The whole school was buzzing with talk about Yule Ball. People were discussing who they wanted to go with, who had asked them to the ball, what they were going to where, and tons of other stuff. Days passed then wekks and I still didn't have a date yet. 

"You so should've been there!" George exclaimed to Fred and I as we headed back to the common room after dinner. He was telling us about how Ron had asked a girl from Beauxbatons out and she had humiliatingly turned him down. 

"You two are so mean to your little brother." I said. 

"Hey, isn't that what brothers are for?" Fred asked as we climbed through the portrait hole. 

"Besides, it's not my fault he's asking people that are way out of his league." George said. 

"Do you two even have dates?" I said as we headed over to a little table in the corner ofthe common room. 

"...No but I could ask anyone." Fred said casually. 

I secretly hoped that he would ask me, but things didn't go my way because Fred stood up and yelled across the room, "Oi! Angelina! You want to go to the ball with me?" 

"Yeah, sure." she answered quickly and continued her conversation with her friends. 

"See? Piece of cake. Well I'm going to go to bed early, see you two tomorrow." Fred said and he headed up to the boys' dormatories. 

"I'm sorry." George said. 

"What?" I asked, puzzled. 

"Oh come on Allie, I know." 

"Know what?" 

"You're in love with Fred," he taunted, "and don't even try to deny it." he added as I opened my mouth to tell him he was wrong. 

"How did you find out?" I sighed. 

"Because I know you." he said leaning back in his chair, "Of all people to fall for, you choose Fred?" George raised an eyebrow. 

"Doesn't matter anyway, he obviously likes Angelina." I said, trying to sound like it was no big deal, but apparently, I wasn't so convincing. 

"Hey, you've still got a chance. He just asked her because she doesn't have a date, it doesn't really mean anything to him." 

"I don't have a date either." I said back. 

"Well neither do I so you want to go with me, as friends?" he asked. 

"Sure, but don't say anything to Fred about me liking him, okay?" I said. 

"Why not? You never know, he might like you back." 

"George Weasley, if you say anything about that to him, I will kill you." I threatened. 

"Oh alright, but I'm just saying, because I know that he and Angelina have nothing going on betweent hem." he said. 

"Whatever, I'm just gonna go to bed okay? 'Night." I said as I rose out of the arm chair and headed to my room. 

Night of they Yule Ball... 

Katie, Angelina, Alicia, and I all headed down to the common room to go to the Yule Ball. We had just spent hours getting ready. Down in the common room, Fred, George, and Alicia and Katie's dates were all down there waiting. We got with our dates and headed down to the Great Hall. 

"Looking good tonight." George said to me. 

"Thanks, you too." I said back as the dancing started. We all danced for hours until we got tired. George went to go get us drinks as Angelina plopped down besides me looking pissed. 

"What's wrong?" I asked her. 

"Nothing it's just that I had a crush on Fred and I was so happy when he asked me to this, but all night he keeps getting distracted and now I'm starting to realize he's not really my type." she explained. 

"Oh, well, um I'm sorry?" I said, not really knowing what to say. 

"No, no don't be, he's just not the right guy. You know Allie I think he likes you, he keeps staring at you all night." she said to me with a smile. 

"Really?" I asked hopefully. 

"Yeah, he told me he's going to ask you to dance the next time a slow song comes on." she teased me. 

"Are you sure it's cool with you?" I asked her. 

"Of course." she said as George came back with our drinks and Fred following him close behind. 

As if on cue, a slow song started playing and couples drifted toward the dance floor to slow dance. 

"Allie, may I have this dance?" Fred asked, offering his hand. 

"Sure."I took his hand and he pulled me towards the dance floor. 

He wrapped his arms around the small of my back and I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"You look amazing tonight." he told me. 

"Thanks. You don't look half bad either." 

"Oh please, I never even look a quarter bad." he said, making me laugh. He pulled me a little closer to him, "You and George?" he asked me, raising his eyebrows. 

"We're just going as friends." I explained to him. 

"Man, everyone is going just as friends. You and George, me and Angelina. What happened to romance at balls?" 

"Dunno." I muttered, avoiding his eyes. 

He took one of his arms away from my waist and tilted my chin up so that my face was centimeters from his. He tilted his own head forward, closing the space between us and his lips met mine.