Part I.

«Flame you came from me. Fire meet gasoline.»  

---

Mats Hummels couldn't take his eyes away from the ring adorned by a huge and shiny rock he was holding with his fingers. He narrowed his eyes; fuck it off.

Okay, so when you ask the love of your life, the woman who has been with you for the past four years, if she wants to get married, the logical thing would be having her saying yes out loud and happily crying her eyes out while she kisses you as if her life depended of it; well, the story didn't go that way with Mats Hummels.

When Mats decided to throw himself into the serious life and ask Jessica if she wanted to marry him, the last thing he expected from her was a brutal no...and then a confession that she slept with one of his cousins during their vacation in Thailand two years ago. That definitely did not go the way he wanted it to go.

He thought two things: first, how dare she? And second, he was going to beat the crap out of his cousin.

His brain was already planning fifty ways to kill the son of a bitch; sorry aunt Mayes but your son is a big piece of shit. What a traitor, and I introduced him to that hot lingerie model two months ago. You can't even trust your own shadow nowadays.

He finished his gin tonic and asked for another one, the bartender kindly accepted his order and put another drink in front of him, because what's better than drinking alcohol when you are feeling down –or specifically, when your ex-girlfriend broke your heart in a public place? Exactly, nothing. Mats knew he should've called Benni, or anyone –even Marco, although he was an asshole and probably would've sent Mats to the nearest bawdy house he could think of.

(He was already in one, well, in an elegant one but he didn't know it).

His finger unlocked the screen of his phone. Jessica's beautiful face popped in the screen, Mats wrinkled his nose and glanced back at the expensive ring before going back to Jessica's photo in his phone.

"Boo, you whore" He imitated Regina George and locked his phone back. He'd change the background later.

Maybe he didn't hate her –he was still madly in love with her, sadly. He probably hated himself for trusting her the way he did. Mats loved her, he gave his entire life and heart to that relationship and she cheated on him...with his cousin.

That's fucking trash, and a terrible plot for a romantic comedy. Wait, it is better than Rumor Has It though.

A chuckle came out of his mouth; nothing with Jennifer Aniston on it can be terrible. He ran a hand through his face, he was delusional. Mats thought Jessica was probably fucking his cousin as she couldn't have the so called post-break up sex with him.

"What time do you close?" He asked to the bartender.

The man stopped cleaning the bar to look at the football player. "It's open from 6:00pm to 5:00am sir"

"That's so cool" The bartender just nodded.

Make friendship with a bartender: still pending.

His eyes traveled to his watch; 11:34pm, he snorted. It was way too early to drag his depressed ass home. He definitely should've called Marco, at least he knew how to have fun and make people think about other things.

"Guten abend" A soft voice sounded next to him. He turned his head to the left to see a beautiful woman looking at him. Her big green eyes sparkling and a mischievous smile painted on her lips. "How are you?" She looked way too excited.