14-2: Dangerous Liaisons

XXXXXXXXX

Maddie shifted a bit and cocked her head in confusion. "But, you remember... Don't you already know about-"

"but I want to know what you know." Rebekah explained. Maybe if she understood just how much that her sister had seen she could fill in the gaps between, or share something that could trigger another vision even. Maddie still looked unsure, but after a moment she nodded and started explaining everything she had seen and pieced together so far. She would start her story and Rebekah would jump in once she understood what exactly Maddie was talking about and explain when and where the event took place.

She was just explaining one of the times she and Kol pulled a prank on Klaus when the door flew open. "Talking about me again, I hear?" The youngest Original brother asked before leaning against the bedpost beside Rebekah. In response, the blonde rolled her eyes and gave him a shove.

"Go bug someone else, Kol." She practically groaned, not trying to hide her annoyance towards the man. She turned towards her sister and smiled a bit. "We're busy."

Maddie opened her mouth to say something, possibly sooth the situation before it got even more out of hand, but Kol beat her to it. "You never were good at sharing, Bekah." He muttered before grinning rather mischievously and turning to look at Maddie. "This thing won't stop it's incisive beeping." He stood up straight again and pulled a cell phone from his back pocket. He looked at the screen as it began to ring again before pointing the device towards his youngest sister. "Yours, I presume?" Maddie shifted onto her knees and reached out to take the phone from Kol, but he quickly pulled his hand back before her fingers brushed the surface. Maddie frowned, but stayed quiet as he spoke once more. "Elijah was helping me get acquainted with today's technology, and if I remember right I just need to do this and..." He started tapping the screen as Maddie internally cursed herself for not bothering with a password. "There we go! Recent calls!"

That seemed to get to Maddie, she stood on her knees and tried to grab for the phone again. "Give it back!" She demanded when he once again maneuvered away from her.

"Your a popular girl, Madelyn." He commented as he read from the list. "Six missed calls." Maddie made another grab for the phone and retreated to the doorway as he began to read. "Both Salvatore boys called, and then someone named Caroline just now, who might she be?" A mischievous look accompanied the question, which immediately lead to Maddie firm declamation.

"She's off limits!"

Kol looked slightly disappointed, but quickly brushed it off and instead went back to looking through his sister's phone. "A Matt called, and then two calls from some one named Katherine."

Both Kol and Rebekah, who had been watching this exchange with amusement, noticed the surprise in Maddie's face when she heard the name. Kol smirked when she held her hand out expectantly and said. "Give me my phone now." Kol was about to say something, probably ask why he would do that or tease her on her heartbeat but she beat him to it. "Come." Suddenly the device flew from Kol's fingertips and landed in her hand. The girl hurriedly grabbed her bag from where it was laying at the bedside as she stood up and started looking through her phone to see if there were any texts or messages with her other hand.

The abrupt change in Maddie's demeanor shocked both originals and they just watched as she collected her things. For a moment they both just watched, thinking or maybe hoping that she was just getting something from her bag, but when she went to grab her shoes from where she had kicked them off before her shower, Rebekah seemed to realize that she wanted to leave.

"Where are you going?" The blonde Original asked as her sister pulled on the heels that she had worn last night when she came for dinner.

Maddie glanced up at her for a moment before turning back to her shoes and slid her feet into them. "I need to go make a phone call." She said simply. "And I can't do that here without at least two nosey vampires listening in." Rebekah opened her mouth to argue but then she caught sight of Kol out of the corner of her eye and knew her sister was right. Maddie could tell that the woman was searching for a reason to get her to stay so she got to her feet as soon as she got her second shoe on her foot and headed for the door. As she hurried to leave she tossed a quick "Bye!" over her shoulder and gave a wave to the rest of the Mikaelsons who she spotted hanging out in a room on her way out.