Four

One of my favourite chapters. I remember when I was writing TAL few months back this one made me to cry for Kinza.

-------

Stirring the fawn straw in the icy juice she was looking all lost. She was feeling some uneasiness at her favourite restaurant. With her hair made into a bouncy ponytail she was unable to guess the reason behind it. Her friends were joking and jealously staring at her dark brown outfit and she was turning a deaf ear to their things. 

Mish tapped on her shoulder and broke her reverie. She blankly stared at them and a shameful smile appeared on her face. She managed herself by staring here and there and then caught someone. 

Those eyes became wider and wider. 

That heart stopped running a marathon. 

Those fingers ceased tapping the straw. 

The earrings in the ear lobes paused moving to and fro and she was introduced to the life, real life. 

She slowly moved on her chair in upright position and imagined him going back.

"What if he goes? The life is giving me chance to meet him. No, I cannot believe that he is Abdullah. Maybe his doppelganger or anybody else, totally different, totally same or him. Yes, he is there. I am going. Why my heart is forbidding me to go there? Why this stupid organ plays the villain every time? I am going and definitely going."

She slowly got up leaving all her friends calling her name. She took first step, first step to that stranger. 

He was totally unknown and she knew it. 

The muscular shoulders appeared resting on the backrest of the maroon chair. She was taking slow steps while observing each detail and each supported the fact that he was him. She looked the hand moving in air and the guess was right. It was the same as that that sent many out of the fields. Those index fingers were same as those that danced merrily in the air. She had guessed it right.

When she reached near him there was a battle going on. He was combating with very friendly gestures and tissues. She did not know how her lips parted and she said,

"Abdullah."

He attentively turned his neck back and then turned fully. Eternity was casting its spell. He was wearing it but she was experiencing it. He was staring at her blankly with a sober smile and then suddenly got up. His shoes made a noise on the floor but she did not notice. She was on cloud nine and the earth was far away. 

The distances were meaningless but they existed. Her eyelids began aching and she rested them. Opening again she found him and her friends standing around her. One of his fellows said, "Ma'am, do you want an autograph? If so then please pull out a paper and pen. I apologize for my arrogance but there is a great public here and it would become difficult for us to leave."

She was like a stone, a stone statue. She was hearing everything but the eyeballs refused to move. She tried very hard but a little tear escaped from her sparkling eyes and she gently wiped it away. No one was concerned for her at that time as her friends were busy capturing their pictures with him; after all he was a celebrity. 

Some of her hair got tucked into the bracelet she was wearing when she recovered herself from the mere trance. She ruthlessly moved her hand and the bracelet was blessed with the memories of the beautifully painful incident.

Travelling back to home, she was just thinking of herself, even not of him, only herself. She acted crazily few minutes back. She thought of that very moment when their eyes met and then he switched back to others. That moment was enough for her remaining days when he turned back at her and then stood up in her regard. She was exactly living the eternity, euphoric eternity.

When she reached at home fever had grasped her. Her nose was shimmering due to redness and she was still in trance. She was in awe. She still denied the time when they finally met. It was the mere infatuation for the world but she had donated herself to the love, decent love.

-------------------------------

AssalamoAlaikum.

Somewhere I read that a writer feels the characters he writes. He cries with them, smiles with them and feels every sentiment in the same way.  And this is so true.

The story is unfolding regularly. What do you think will happen now? 

And I am short of words for my beautiful readers, voters and commentators. I owe a lot to you guys. 

Thank you so much!

Byeeee..

Allah Hafiz 

*That scene*