Chapter 40 - "You are the piece of me, I wish I didn't need"

Start from the beginning

"Ally Ricosta sleeps in designer wear. GREAT!"

"Shut up" I look up at him and peck his lips which soon turns to just innocent kiss and then to a passionate kiss. He picks me up from my place beside him and straddles me on his lap without breaking the kiss. We now face each other and I run my hands through his hair. He bites my lower lip and my nails dig deep into the back of his neck.

"Ow" He says in a small voice and I giggle.

"I'm sorry" I mumble against his lips, brushing ours together.

"I like it. You know, I like it wild"

"Shut up" I push him away and we start laughing. He pulls me closer and we engross in a deep kiss again. There is something in the way he kisses me today. It doesn't just show love, it shows his lust, his desire. He kisses me in an unexplainable way. Like he isn't going to get to kiss me after this.

His lips soon leave mine and start a trail from my chin to the end of my neck to the beginning of my chest. I lean my head back, keeping my eyes closed. The way my heart thuds so loudly is seriously embarrassing. Nathan starts on the top buttons of my sweater and I hold his hand. A look of disappointment crosses his face.

"I really want to take it slow. We have all the time in the world. After all, I'm always going to be yours" I say and he nods. Looks like he isn't really agreeing on it.

"Nathan look at me" and he does "what's wrong?" I ask, still seated on his lap. He just shakes his head with a sly smile. He pushes loose strands of my hair behind my ear.

"Nothing" He says finally looking into my eyes.

"I just want you to promise me something" There is something which is worrying him and I don't know what it is.

"Anything" I peck his lips. If some promise is going to make his worries fly away, I'm going to give that to him.

"Promise me that no matter what happens, you'll always put your faith in me. You'll never believe that I'd leave your side. I - I want to be with you forever, Ally. There's nothing or no one in the entire world which can replace your importance in my life. Whatever happens, promise me you'll believe that I'll always be the boy sitting in front of you right now. I don't want to see a future without you. I don't want to live thinking that someday its going to be too late and I'm never going to get you to stay with me. I know I'm freaking out but that's because I think - I think its just more than falling for you. I think I might be in love with you Ally" He finishes and a tiny drop of tear escapes my eye. I dig my face in the crook of his neck and start crying.

"I've known you and I've known your heart Nathan. Why would I ever believe that you won't love me anymore or you'll leave my side or anything. I promise. I promise I'll always trust you and all your actions. Because I trusted you when you saw me across the cafeteria the first time, I trusted you when you inched closer to me every time in Chemistry, I trusted you enough to break my friendship with some of the people I'm closest to, I trusted you when you hugged me for the first time, I - I trust you, I trust when you say you're in love with me. Because maybe I am too" I lift my head and look into his eyes. A feeling of warmth passes through them and he leans in to kiss me one more time.

"Oh wait. You know we had a near death experience today. Dad wanted to meet you and we even were right outside your house for like 10 minutes. But then thankfully, Dad changed his mind and he said we'd do it another day. So gear up, Mr. Hale. Your meeting with the world's biggest business tycoon is coming up soon" I say and he lets out a weak laugh, shaking his head. He leans in again and we wrap ourself in our little love bubble for the rest of the night.

~*~*~*~*~

Its been weeks since the night when Nathan said he had fallen in love with me but I still can't stop thinking about that night. That was the last time we met. Its been 15 days but it feels like 15 years. Ah! I sound like such a hopeless lovestruck romantic.I look up on the calender which reads 21st December. Feeling very happy, I get up. I can still smell Nathan's scent. Not that I object to it, but why is the smell still there? As I look around, I feel a different hoodie on me. The memories of the last time we met come back. When I had stepped down from the bed to change into my PJs, Nathan had pulled me back to bed and lets say I was very very under-dressed. So I asked him for his hoodie. He had a sweater and a leather jacket on either way so don't think I'm that insensitive bitch who made her boyfriend walk in the cold, half naked. The sleeves are way too long and the hoodie reaches almost up to my knees but I don't mind. It has Nathan's scent to it, after all. I had kept it away, safe in my closet. But since he has even stopped calling after that, I had to remind myself of his existence. So I put on his hoodie last night. I hug myself in a weird way pretending Nathan is still with me. I giggle like a little girl and as I am about to get off the bed, I see a note lying on my nightstand. It read -