Chapter 26: Scars and Wounds (Final)

Chapter 26: Scars and Wounds (Final Chapter)

(Author's note: Hi everyone:) We're getting close to the end of the book:( and I'm writing this with no clue on how it will play out, so let's see how it goes. But I'd like to point out, that for some reason this comment made my dayXD @K96254 : Blood is red, Antidotes are blue, the man is dead, and so are you. A very bad poem by myself:p I had to mention it, I absolutely loved it lol) -Bri*

Picture of the Savage above. Please let me know if the picture is not visible.

Britt's POV:

"Oh thank God, Brittany, I need you to get back to your mech. suit and back to the river. Smith broke communications so I can walk you through what you need to do. Brittany, the city is going on lock down, there's no way for you to get out by yourself, aside from the way you came in. I can send an air unit, but it will take eight minutes! " My mom blurts out all at once, so I have to stall at the end and comprehend everything.

"Mom, things went bad, Smith, I think he's gone. We got separated. There's no way for me to get back to the mech. suit!" I frantically spill out. I pause, waiting for a reply, but I don't get one.

"Mom? Mom are you there? Nora?! F***!" I shout and kneel down on the roof. In a proposal position, I grip my head with my free hand and try to think what to do.

"Come on, what do I do?" I whisper to myself.

My thoughts are interrupted when gun shots ring in the air. I quickly look back, and fortunately, they're not aimed at me. Caleb must have turned, because they're coming from his office.

My adrenaline forms two vague plans in my head within only a few seconds.

Plan A: run and find a safe place, and wait on the air support. Or plan B: fight my way to the mech. suit and leave the way I came. They're both horrible plans-

I stumble forward, lightly losing my balance, when something causes a vibration on the roof.

I quickly stand to my feet and spin around; and that's when I realize I didn't quite think my actions through.

There, at the edge of the roof, is the Savage that was once Caleb. Behind him, in his office, his Soldiers look down at the scene, and decide I'm dead anyways and run away.

I turn my attention back to the creature.

It has pale blue/grey skin and is rather thin. It stands on two legs, but hunches over. His head had flexed into an exoskeleton, and the skin of his lips had merged together and completely sealed a thin layer of translucent skin over his mouth. His eyes are totally black, no white, no color. His nose and ears are bent into his skull; they're just holes. On the top of his head, is basically a red needle-like horn used to suck blood into his body. It embeds into his skin, running over his head, then protruding once again out of the back of his head, where it softens into a vein-like tube that is attached to something on his back, which looks like a huge pouch of black blood. That's bound to be where his weak point is. Blood veins run just underneath his skin, all over him, where his poisoned black blood flows.

He lets out a screech similar to nails on a chalkboard and I cringe, backing away. It's mouth was sealed, but it could still emit noises. I think the sound came through it's nose some how.

He charges.

I aim my automatic and shoot, but it does nothing. His weak point is on his back, and there's virtually no way to reach it unless he turns around.

At the last second I have the chance to dodge to the left, and I hit the ground.

I look back just in time to see him go off of the edge of the roof. I quickly stand, and stare.