Chapter 25: Rage War

(A/N: This is a picture of the section of the facility that Britt and Smith find when they get out of the man hole. If it's not visible please let me know. Also, for those who've read my book Turned Rogue, please know that I'm working on book two's description and getting everything ready to write since this book is wrapping up. I'm naming it Rogues of War. And also, for anyone who read The Criminal's Mate, Soren's Legacy is also starting soon:D I have the description written and everything. Anyway, thanks for listening to me ramble.) -*Bri

Britt's POV:

"Alright, this is as far as we go! Good luck, Soldiers!" The pilot announces.

'Yeah, I'm going to need it.' I think to myself. I take a deep breath and step off of the helicopter, falling twenty feet, then plunging into the water. The weight of the suit slowly pulls both Smith and I farther into the dark waters, until eventually, the feet of the suit hit the ground of the river.

"From here on, we're on our own." Smith says.

I nod and instructions flash on my right screen. Although we can't communicate with the outside, Robin had programmed a few instructions and maps into the suits. Thank God or else I'd have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to where we're going.

Before we had even formed a plan, Mom had Talon map out as much of the facility as he could remember. Of course, it was a long time ago that he had been here, so the map wasn't very detailed at all. All he could give us was where the basic facilities were located, like the medical ward, or the control center.

My original plan had been that Talon would eventually be found at the weapons locker, but once he was, he could try to guide us where to go, but since communications are blocked, I had to go in blind with nothing but a map that only had a few lines on the page.

Fortunately though, we did have a fluent map of the Thames River, so for now, we knew exactly where we were going.

"The sewer opening should be a few hundred feet ahead on the left, but that's the easy part," Smith sighs, "We have a three mile trek through the sewers. After we get about one klick into the walk, the water should lower so we can turn off the oxygen and save it."

I simply nod, not too concerned about the walk. It just gives me more time to think and plan. I know that at one point I will have to let Smith know who I am, but I want to get out of this suit first. I want to be too far into the mission to turn around and go back because I know he'll want to abort.

Sure enough, just like he said, there's this huge opening in the light brown brick wall that leads down a dark tunnel. The large lights on our suits are the only light source once we step into the tunnel.

After about thirty minutes of a jog-like walk, Smith announces, "Talon, I know you're probably not talking to me because you're still pissed at me with what happened, and I want to apologize. I mean, Britt and I did make up, if that makes you feel any better. You're right, it wasn't my place to do that, but we gotta look past it right now. I need to know you've got my back. We're about to just waltz right into an enemy facility."

I nod my head at him, not knowing what else to do.

"Jesus Christ." He growls and drops the subject. It's still too early.

After almost an hour, we make it to a huge opening. I keep walking, looking up at the old, barely functioning lights reflecting on the three inches of water on the ground. It wasn't too long ago that the water had let up and we were able to cut off our supplied oxygen. As for the old brick complex, it looks like it could come down at any second. The water had eroded the bottom of the crumbling pillars and it was unsettling. I almost tripped on the sudden set of concrete stairs because I was so distracted by my surroundings. I follow Smith up the stairs and he comes to a stop, removing his gloves, so I do so as well.