Chapter 12

David~

"What are you going to do?" I asked Lewis.

"Since when do I reply to your stupid questions?" He rolled his eyes as he placed latex gloves on his hands.

"I just don't see why you after marry her." I tried reasoning with him.

He just gave me a smirk but with no answer. He walked right past me and pulled out from the cabinets a needle.

"Maybe its time for you to consider retirement." He pressed the needle making liquid shoot out.

"What?!"

"Do I have to sing it for you?" He glared.

"No but maybe spelling it out will be nice." I sarcastically replied back.

I knew very well what he wanted but there was no way I was leaving. Ever since I got into this business, there was no way for me to leave. I carried a heavy guilt that I will never separate from.

"Go." Lewis's eyes darkened. "Your getting soft David and that I do not forgive."

I slowly backed away and decided best to lock myself in my room. Earlier I managed to slip a note to Monica. I promised her freedom and freedom I will give. There was so much risk going on that my life was in a line. My identity was all I had left. Then her eyes came to my mind.

Scared innocent eyes that only want to live and wake up from a nightmare. Never have I felt the need to save a life. On the contrary I was consisted of taking away lives. Somehow I just had to save Monica.

I pulled out a old flip phone and placed its battery back on. In order to save her, I had to turn the bad guys in.

Including me.

Drake~

"So what's next boss?" I beamed with excitement.

"My wedding of course." Lewis scoffed.

"Well what's with the needle?" I asked with curiosity seeing him play with a needle.

"As much as I hate answering to the obvious, you may as well know." He grinned with such a malice that he walked towards me with the needle. "It's for David." He whispered with a hiss.

"But he's one of us." I backed away as he got closer.

"Indeed but he is a risk." He pulled me from my shirt's collar and slightly lifted me from the ground. "A risk that I'm not planning to wait for much longer."

"What risk?" I gulped.

"Why don't you see it for yourself?" He dropped me hard on the ground and walked to a drawer. He pulled a metal suitcase and a smirk spread on his lips. "Remember its only business nothing personal." He placed a finger on his lips like he was silencing me and flashed a perfect smile with rows of white teeth.

I quickly nodded and dashed out from his office. I had no clue what I had to see but for Lewis everything was obvious. I walked off deciding to head to my room when I heard a muffle whisper coming from David's room.

"831 five point streets."

Hey wait a minute. That's our address!

Without further ado, I slammed his door wide open.

"I can explain!" David's eyes went round open.

"But I don't need it." Lewis appeared out of nowhere with an unknown expression splattered on his face. He shoved me aside and strode over to David with such gentleness in each step.

It's no wonder he was the boss.

"The moment I heard that she saw your face, I knew you were a goner. After all these years of working with me, you let my girl be the first to know your hideous face." Lewis pulled out his needle from behind.

"It was a slip." He tried reasoning.

"And???" Lewis growled. "She saw your face."

"And what is wrong with my face?!" David protested.

"SHE FREAKING LIKES IT!" Lewis spat.

I flinched behind the door trying to hide myself.

"Drake grab him!" Lewis ordered.

Didn't need to be told twice to obey. I snatched David's arms back and pushed him to his knees.

"If I go then by dammit you will join us!"

"No!" David yelled. "I won't let you hurt her."

"Since when do you have mercy?" I thought out loud with a chuckle.

"And you're not going to get away easy either Drake." Lewis eyes darted to me.

"What I do?!" I panicked.

"You got a lot of explaining to do about Damien the cupcake boy or a.k.a David."

"It's a joke!"

"Joke really? Do you think I'm stupid enough to believe you?! I'm Lewis Keystone I KNOW EVERYTHING!"

"Then why do you need explanations?!" I blurted back due to the anxiety I was feeling.

"Because my men owe me loyalty! Every secret and information is valuable! Now both of you owe me your lives!"

In a blink of an eye, Lewis stabbed David with a needle and out of nowhere pulled out a gun.

"I'm working solo now." He smirked.

The gun was faced to me and slowly a bullet flew out.