"Well, it's getting late now. We should probably get some rest before tomorrow's big hike," Nate broke the silence with a sigh, rising up from his seat.

I groaned. I had forgotten that tomorrow's writing reflection seminar required physical activity. "Couldn't you have scheduled a pool activity instead? Why hiking?"

"It's fun! It's a way to get your brain and your muscles stimulated. We could all use a breath of fresh air for a change," Nate encouraged, leading the way back into his suite. It was a bit dark inside, the only light coming from the bedside lamp and the natural moonlight from outside.

What a perfectly romantic set up. My insides began to tingle with excitement.

"What are you thinking about?" Nate turned back to me curiously just as we reached the door. "You've had this look on your face since you threw the chocolate at me."

He was ready to say goodnight, despite the temptation I could see in his eyes to continue the night.

I didn't want to say goodnight. I wasn't going to leave his hotel room until we finished what we started three years ago. Despite the fact that I had been convincing myself since we arrived on the island that I didn't want anything to happen with Nate, right now I wanted to to seize the moment that was unfolding before us.

Let's face it, I deserved it. After going through that horrific event as an intern, working hard for three years with no serious relationship and failed dates in between work and sleep, I had tonight to finally let loose.

We both wanted it. Hell, that's how we started things off between us. Sexual tension was the foundation our relationship had been built on and it was time to release it.

"You have no feelings for me, right?" I asked, evidently not caring about his answer as I stepped forward, my fingers tracing the collar of his denim shirt.

He raised both brows curiously. "You really want to talk about this right now?"

"What's stopping us?" The question came out of my mouth before I could even form it in my head.

"That bottle of wine we just shared?"

I gave a slight chuckle. "That only got me on a good level. Besides that, I didn't drink much tonight. Trust me - I'm consciously aware of what I'm doing."

He rubbed his chin, his eyes wanting to give into the temptation. "As am I..."

"So, we're both mature adults who can have an adult conversation about our feelings, we've made that clear," I concluded.

"You just want to lay it all out then?" He asked.

"All of it."

He sucked in a breath, grabbing both my hovering hands and brought them to his lips. "You are very special to me, Haley Monroe. You're incredibly sexy, very kind, highly intelligent, and damn ruthless. It's what made me fall for you before and why it made it so hard to see you leave."

I expected for him to continue. "But..."

He let out a soft chuckle, continuing to keep my hands in his. "But, I'd be lying if I said I felt the same way as I once did. Don't get me wrong, you're still sexy as hell, still got the heart of gold, still smarter than me, and just as persistent. It's just...not our time. I know you feel the same."

I nodded. "I agree with everything you said. I am sexy as hell with a heart of gold and-"

"Alright, alright. We get it. We think you're great," He laughed further.

"But we think you're great too. Flaws and all, you're a good person, Nate Chester. And that's also what made me fall for you as well. That, and keeping us a secret was kind of kinky, right?"