Chapter Twenty-Three - With Pleasure

Photo of Max ------>

Chapter Twenty-Three

I gasped, I had known that the news was going to be bad, but not that bad. I tried pulling my hand from his gripped, but he was holding on to hard. Using all my strength I kicked him in his family-jewels, and while he was groaning on the floor I sprinted to the door.

I tried turning the handle but it was locked. I pounded on the door and felt two hands grab my shoulders and turn me around. Luke pressed his body against mine and I squirmed under his weight,

“Let me go!” I hissed as I continued to struggle,

“Please Autumn let me explain!” We fought for a bit more till I decided it was better for him to just explain and then I would be able to leave,

“I will let you explain, but know that there is nothing you can say that will change what I am thinking right now.” I pushed him away from me and crossed to the other side of the room and as far from him as possible. Luke nodded his head and sat on one of the couches, he gestured me to sit down but I just glared at him harder.

“Okay, so imagine if you will, a sixteen year old boy. He has been abused for six years of his life and when he finally got away and was with the one person he really could call family a group of wolves come and kill them. What you’re left with is a very angry and depressed sixteen year old boy and to make matters worse he is also confused because he has just found out that the people who killed his family is his real family. Then they lock him up so he can’t kill himself or run away, Autumn you have to understand, this was a very dark time for me.” Luke sighed and looked away from me, but not before I saw the glimmer of depression in his eyes.

“I was so alone Autumn and I was so angry, I was angry at my father for not searching for me and I was angry at my brother for being treated like royalty for all the years that I was in hell. Then one night a beautiful girl came to my room and told me her story and how she needed my help to kill Max White and I thought that’s what I had wanted to. I thought that killing Max what make all the memories of Maria go away. So we made a plan, a plan that was perfect and would have worked if it wasn’t for you…” Luke trailed off and gave me a small smile,

“If it wasn’t for you Autumn I would have gone through with it, I would have killed him… But then you came and you showed me kindness when no one else did, you are my best friend Autumn and I would never do anything to hurt you. When you came however my partner became angry and pained and then she changed the plan, we were no longer going to just kill Max. She was going to make him suffer in the worst way, by killing his mate…” I gasped and placed a hand on my throat, backing even further from Luke. Luke jumped up and I let out a whimper, he put his hands up and moved further from me which made me relax a bit.

“Autumn I told you I would never hurt you and when my partner told me what she was planning I attacked her, but the thing about her is that you never know how she is going to react, I always wondered whether she had bipolar with the way she acted. Anyway so after that she spent days arguing with herself yelling and changing from wolf to human form.” Luke moved forward slowly and sat on the couch while I stayed in my corner.

“Finally it seemed that she had made her decision and instead she insisted that we send you away and make Max think that you’re dead.” He let out a small breath and looked at me with a smile. I stared at him open mouth before jumping at him screaming.

I kicked, punched and clawed all the while screaming words that would sent me straight to hell. I yelled a much as I could and punched for as long as I could till my body gave up and I fell into a heap on the floor.

“How could you do this to me Luke, I trusted you.” I felt hot tears fall down my face and I looked at him dead in the eye, “I TRUSTED YOU!” I screamed and then I curled in to a ball and cried, I cried harder than I had in a long time.

I felt Luke’s hands reach out to me and I snapped my head and growled as loudly as I could, “don’t you dare touch me.” I hissed out and continued to cry into my legs,

“Autumn please, please don’t hate me. That’s why I followed you out here, I want to help you! Please Autumn, you’re the only one that can help me defeat Summ- I mean my partner…” I thought about this for a moment, should I trust the person that wanted to kill my mate? Should I trust someone that was working with the person trying to kill me?

He has done wrong and I will never forgive him for thinking about hurting our mate, but his wolf is saying the same thing and I trust him…

I listened to my wolf’s reasoning and closed my eyes trying to think, “Luke I will give you this last chance because you were my best friend…” I stood up slowly and looked him straight in the eye and looked as fierce as I could, “But if you even think about hurting my mate, I will rip you to pieces and make you wish you were dead.” I growled one final time before retreating back into one of the rooms.

I still had so many questions like who was his partner and did she have a connection to my dream? When would I get to see Max again? Did Erin know about him? Also whose house was I in? But all those would have to wait till the morning.

Placing my head on the pillow I pictured Max smiling and it helped my heart stop cracking,

When we find out who this woman is, can we kill her?

I smiled at my wolf before replying, ‘with pleasure’.

-------------------------------------

Hey Guys! Who do you think is the partner?
Thank you all so much for reading and sorry if my updates are taking to long I will try and post more often :)
Please

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT!

Because if you don't who will? ;)
Wx