Chapter 10 ♡

"It's just another night. And I'm staring at the moon. I saw a shooting star and thought of you."

-All of The Stars, Ed Sheeran 

Gray's POV

Ice Giver

Ice Giver is a form of ice-make magic that allows the donor to give their life force to the victim. If done successfully both will live. It has been attempted many times but the flow of magic becomes to powerful for one to control and the donor dies due to being unable to control it. This magic requires contact between the Ice Make wizard and the one they wish to save. Only one pair in history has successfully lived through the process.

Ice Giver is similar to a magic called Air Giver. Others with Sky/Air magic can have this ability. Although alike in certain ways, there is one major difference between the two. Air Giver lends strength and does not put your life in danger. It can be used to strengthen organs and the body like restarting the heart for example. However, it is useless in a life or death situation. It does not heal or destroy. It is a neutral form of magic. And each wielder can only use it once in their lifetime. It is the same for Ice Giver. Both magics can only be used once. Ice Giver magic was banned and is not allowed to be used.

I put down the book just as Ur walks in. She sees it on the desk and gives me an all knowing look.

She sits on the couch beside me, "You've already read it. But you know you're not allowed to read those spell books yet!"

Ur gives me a fake frown which is quickly replaced by a smile, "Gray..." she begins.

"GRAY!!"

".....never use Ice Giver...."

"WAKE UP!!"

".....unless....."

I awake to see a familiar pink-head about to punch me in the face. I defensively react and put my hand out, freezing him solid. Turning to Erza who sits across from me, I give her a questioning look.

"You fell asleep." She says, trying to maintain a serious look but I can clearly see the humor in her eyes. Happy and Lucy are chuckling quietly as they watch Natsu quickly melt the ice.

"You bastard!!! You can't just take a nap in the middle of a conversation!!!" He accuses me.

"Well, due to a certain hotheaded pile of ash, I haven't slept for three days!" Mist swirls around my fists.

"Its not like you had to stay!!!"

He launches at me and I dodge easily, watching as he face plants onto the floor.

Natsu may say that I could've left but I know he was glad I didn't. He was released from the infirmary on the second day but stayed at the guild and followed me around the whole third day. We stayed up all night with Erza and Lucy celebrating because it was a certain guild member's birthday.

I rub the back of my neck and sigh. I was so preoccupied that I forgot who's birthday it was.

"Gray..." Natsu whines, "That hurt! You could at least have let me hit you!"