As It Should Be |Ch.23|

~time skipped~

Work is finally done. I feel like our shop is just always slow now. Maybe I should find a different job. But I can't really worry about that right now. I know from Mark and I's flirtatious encounter, he'll probably have something in store for me. It doesn't matter how long we'll be together, it always makes me nervous. I'm not particularly sure why.

Then again, maybe he won't. You never know with him.

~time skip to home~

I unlock my door and head into my apartment.

I head over to the kitchen which basically over looks the living room. No sign of anything out of the ordinary. I head up the stairs to the right and go up to my room. Nothing. I let out a sigh. I mean...I wasn't looking forward to anything, secretly. Fine, I'm fine. That's fine. I head back down the stairs and plop down on the couch and turn on the tv.

I have to admit, I really do miss Mark and having him around a lot. And now that he has a job. I mean I can keep visiting him at it I guess. As I get lost in my thoughts I hear a knock on my door. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I get up and walk over. I look through my peephole and a smile forms on my face. I swing the door open and look up to the man I've come to adore.

"Hi beautiful" Mark said with a smirk.
He was dressed nice. He had a burgundy short sleeve shirt that has 3 little buttons at the top and dark wash jeans that fit nicely.

"Hi" I said particularly shy for some reason, smiling.

"Go get dressed, I'm taking you out."

I stood there taken aback slightly. "..oh, oh ok uh yea, just give me a couple of minutes. Uh just, wait..down here. Okay, uh, be right back." Mark swiftly grabbed my hand gently.
"What I can't come up with you?" He said smirking.

I roll my eyes, laughing lightly. "No, no you don't." I said teasing him.

"Fine, later then." He said winking.

I bolted up the stairs to my room and started to strip off my work clothes. I pull out some medium washed jeans that were high waisted and a cream shirt that has a little lace up part in the front at the top of the shirt. I put on some brown sandals and quickly touch up my make up and brush my hair and teeth.

I head quietly and calmly down the stairs to meet Mark leaning against the counter top in the kitchen looking at his phone. I guess he didn't notice me walk down because he didn't look up from his phone.

"Mark.." Nothing. I smile and role my eyes. "babe" I said walking more towards him. He looked up from his phone with his eyebrows raised. "Im ready if you are." I smile slightly.

He nodded and instantly intertwined his hand with mine and walked me out the door and to his car.

~skip to restaurant~

We sat down in our booth and ordered our food. It turned silent as we were waiting for our food to arrive.
I played with my hands before I decided to speak up.

"So um, how are you liking your job?"
I said making small eye contact with him.

I could feel his eyes on me but I didn't look up but for a second and instantly returned my gaze to my hands.
"It's good. How's your job? That guy hasn't tried to ask you out or anything has he? What's that kids name again?"

"It's fine. And no, Jake has left me alone. You don't have to worry about him, Mark."

He laughed lightly while still looking down. "From what I remember I do." He said raising his eyebrows.

I sigh and smile a bit. "..Are there girls that I should be worried about at your work?"

He chuckled slightly and shook his head. "You know I only want you. I don't pay attention to anyone anyways."

I laughed thinking back to when I first encountered Mark. "I could tell when I first ran into you, literally almost." I said laughing at the memory.

We sat there in a silence that wrapped around the air. I poked at my food that just arrived, not knowing what to say or talk about.

I subtly lifted my head from my plate to look at Mark. He was looking down at his food, strands of his dark hair falling over his face ever so slightly.
I thought more back to when I first met Mark. Scared of such a beautiful person. He still has his moments, some worse than others.

He looks up at me. "What are you thinking about?"

I smile slightly at the question. "You."
He smiles and winks at me and pink can't help but swarm my cheeks.

"You just can't help but love me." He smirks at me.

I scoff playfully. "Whatever." I smile at him.

~skip after dinner~

Mark drops me back off to my apartment after dinner. He opens my car door like the gentlemen he can be sometimes. I step out and we start walking up to my door. I fumble with my keys until I finally am able to unlock the door.

Mark leans up against the door frame when I turn around to face him.
"Do you always try to look like an asshole?" I say smiling up at him.

"Only when I'm around you." He says chuckling.

I stand there awkwardly contemplating wether I should let him in or not. I look down at my feet not wanting to make eye contact.
"...Wanna come in for a bit?"

He smiles that teeth smile that makes me fall for him over and over again. "Maybe for just a little bit." He said, teasing.

Mark heads towards the living room while I go into the kitchen and pour us both some water. I go to the living room and place the glasses on the table. I look to Mark who's just standing there watching me.

"What?" I say smiling.
He flicks his head back slightly. "Come'er" he said holding out his hand. I take it and he pulls me towards him. I wrap my arms around his waist and take in the scent I have come to call home. My heart has become full of him.

He kisses my head softly and pulls my chin up to look at him. I smile up at him and we rests his forehead against mine. In that instant, my head clouds with everything about him and my lips pull towards his until they touch his, being intertwined. It wasn't until then that I forgot how long it's been since I've kissed him like this and I couldn't stop.

Marks POV

When I first saw Cara I knew that I wanted her to be mine. I knew that if I didn't have her I would lose my mind. I saw her at that party, standing there awkwardly. I knew she didn't really want to be there. She looked over to me, the lights making her eyes glisten even from a distance and I knew in an instant that I had to have her.

I could tell that she's never really taken risks in her life and I knew that I was going to be her biggest risk that she's ever taken. I just had to give her a little nudge. I never wanted to say it but I fell for her so fast. I've never been the one to fall for someone. I wanted her to be there to catch me, and she was.

She's mine and I'm her's, like it should be.
My heart is full of her, like it should be.

Update! Finally I know it's been a long time but it's been a very busy summer for me. Off topic, but has anyone watched Bo Burnham Make Happy? If not, I recommend that you do. Truly amazing. Anyways thank you guys for being so patient with me!