chapter 8

Jillians POV

"No no no Hayes this isn't good" I said frantically, tears starting to fall down my face. "Okay um you go get in the car and I'll call Shay to watch the boys." I start to get up but a massive wave of pain shoots to my core and I let out a loud scream and knelt down beside the bed and put my head on my hands and started to cry.

I felt Hayes come up behind me and picking me up bridal style and started walking down the steps to the car. Then Shay barged in "Update me once you know everything then tell me I love you Jill!" she said before we went out the door. "Hayes it hurts." I whisper gripping his shirt still crying. "I know baby we'll be there soon." he said putting me in the passenger seat. He sped off from our house and grabbed my hand with his free hand to try and calm me down " It's all my fault.." I mumbled. The next thing I knew we arrived at the hospital I was put in a wheelchair, dragged away from Hayes, taken to an ER. "Why can't he come?" I asked the doctors. Nobody answered then a doctor put an IV in my arm and a breathing mask over my mouth then I was out.

Hayes' POV

Once they pulled Jillian away from me I sat down in a chair in the waiting room, put my head in my hands and silently cried.

It's been about 45 minutes and it's around 11:30 at night and I still haven't heard anything. "Hayes Grier?" I heard a male voice call out. I looked up and saw a doctor looking around. I stood up and walked in his direction. "Follow me." he said and started walking. I followed him and ended up in front of a room. We both walked in and I saw Jillian in her bed and her head darted towards the door where we were standing.

"Ms. Dallas, Mr.Grier, I'm sorry to say, but you've had a miscarriage and your baby is no longer with us. Her heart stopped functioning. I'm so sorry." the doctor finished and left the room. I was left speechless. I sat next to Jillian in her bed and wrapped my arms around her. "It's all my fault Hayes!" she yelled and cried into my arms. "Baby no it's not." I quietly said back, my tears falling down onto her shoulder. "I was carrying her! Her heart just doesn't stop beating!" she yells getting out of my grasp. She falls back onto her pillow and brings her hands up to her eyes and continues to cry. I get up and start pacing back and fourth in the room and stop at the window, look out and continue to cry, thinking about the future we could have had with our baby girl. "Hayes.." I heard Jillian croak out. I turn my head to her and see that her arms are open for me. I go over to her and lay next to her and pull her into my lap. I hear her soft sobs and tears soaking in my shirt. "Go to sleep, you've had a long night." I whisper running my hand through her hair, I know that calms her down. I feel her nod and adjust her head on my chest. She wrapped her arms around me still on my lap. I kept running my hands though her hair until she fell asleep, then shortly after I fell asleep.
-----------------
Jillian's POV

I woke up in Hayes' lap, he was still sleeping. I got off of him and laid in the empty spot of the bed and looked around me and realized I was in a hospital room. Everything that happened last night started to flood back into my mind. I started to tear up but heard Hayes shuffle next to me and I quickly wiped them away. He opened his eyes and looked over at me and kissed my cheek lightly, I lightly smiled but a blank look on my face soon came back to replace my slight smile. "I'm going to go call the guys." he said and walked out.

I looked down and started to play with my hospital bracelet and started to think what life would be like with my baby. I wanted to name her Paige Marie. Hayes wanted me to pick out the name and keep it a surprise for him, and he wanted to surprise me with her nursery. He's been working on it for months and won't let me peek. Mason and Alex were excited to teach her how to play every sport they know, football, baseball, soccer, everything. Hayes was excited to finally have a daddy's girl since the boys were more in favor of me, but they both loved us equally. I was happy to go shopping and to go get our nails done, cause every time I drag Mason and Alex with me, they run around and knock things down.