11 | okay. and...?

11 | okay. And...?

"Fuck off."

Killian obviously didn't know how to be a good sport.

I smirked and he sent a glare my way. After spending the weekend with Ella and the girls, I decided to call up on Killian and get lunch together. Minus the fact that he'd gone out with Ella all the way back then, he was a pretty cool guy. He was clearly stupid for letting someone amazing like her go but I wasn't going to argue because she was mine now and I wasn't about to make the same mistake again.

I just grinned and he glared at me but we both knew this was a long time coming. I guess if I was him, I'd be pretty pissed too but I doubted that he blamed either one of us. Although she hasn't said it, Ella made her feelings towards him quite clear. Our at least, I don't think she'd verbally told Killian to back off.

Or maybe she had already. I didn't know, I didn't really pry.

During the months Ella was gone, it was also quite clear who still had her heart and even though we've discussed it on multiple occasions and as easy as he was to hear the news, it still blows. If we weren't such good friends now, I would be gloating.

"Take care of her, man," he said with a sigh. "If you don't, I won't hesitate to step in."

"Not gonna happen."

Then he smiled and I laughed and we talked about the gory details of his job and his plan to specialize in the heart and become a cardiologist and he asked how Piper was doing in school and how the company was doing with the decline of the market.

I wasn't surprised when Ella called Killian twenty minutes past noon. She'd told me how she was going to see Killian some time during the week and I should have guessed that she would do it early being the kind of person she was.

She was more than surprised when I answered the phone, instantly knowing that it was me over the phone and not Killian.

"Oliver, where's Killian?" she asked just as soon as I said hello.

Killian smirked when I handed him the phone. They spoke for a few minutes and although he sounded just fine, I could tell that he was anything but. When we first me, he was obviously courting Ella and at first, I had to pretend that I didn't care because Ella and I were over a long time ago but, honestly, I could hardly stand the thought of the two of them together. It made me boil with anger, which was pretty damn unwarranted but I figured that was only because I never really admitted that I wasn't over Ella. I was pretty much a dick for ruining his chances with her but I wasn't just going to let someone take what should have been mine in the first place.

Aside from Ella, Killian and I were pretty much into a lot of the same things. We would streetpass each other every day because we go to the same gym and he liked gundams and was team red in Pokemon Go so the only reasonable thing to do when finding someone who liked the same geeky crap you did was to marathon 90's anime for a weekend and become friends for life. But I digress.

"You know, I can hook you up with some girls at work," I offered but I didn't really mean it because the girls at the office were either too young or too married for him.

Killian laughed, shaking his head. "I'm good," he said with a shrug. "My car helps with getting girls. I don't need you. You'd probably steal them before I even have the chance to say hi."

"Your SUV helps huh?" I asked, ignoring the last bit of his statement because I wasn't about to deny that. Not gonna lie, I attracted women like moths to a flame. But I was taken now so even though it was still true, it was also very much moot. Ella should feel honoured that I chose her but if I was being honest, I felt like I should be the one thanking the cosmos for Ella forgiving me and taking me back.