Chapter 3

***Deticated to my best friend Micah!!! Love ya hooch!!!**** 

Chaper 3

Noel's P.O.V.

I turned to my door and put all my shopping bags down on the floor. Searching through my coat pockets I finally was able to pull my keys out. Kicking all the shopping bags into the living room, I shut the door behind me and collapsed on my worn couch face first.

Shopping all morning really wore me out! Freaking crazy people running around, pushing into each other, yelling at the top of their lungs...Note to self: forget Black Friday next year!

I finally managed to push myself off of the couch and into a sitting position. I eyed the bags littering the floor by the door...did I really feel like messing with that stuff right now? Heh, no...

Still in my coat, I grabbed my newest romance novel and slipped out the back door to the small patio off the back. I took in a deep breath, smelling the woods not to far behind the complex...the only reason I paid so much money for this place was for those woods. They could calm me in a way that even reading won't do...

I sat down in one of my two hand-me-down lounge chairs and put my book in front of me. I didn't read it though, I just continued to stare at the woods through my sunglasses, lost in it's remaining fall beauty. I was used to seeing wild animals roam through such as deer, rabbits, squirels, and even the occasional wild turkey...so when I first saw movement I didn't worry. But then, a large black wolf ran out and away from some bushes just past the treeline.

Honestly, I was facinated, but I couldn't move. I just sat as I was, appearing to read my book. There was another one out there. I could barely make out it's dark shape behind the bush, but it was there. I felt his eyes on me...watching me. Seeing these wolves should have scared me, at least a little bit right? But no, I wasn't scared. In fact, if anything I felt at peace...safe?

I jumped slightly in my seat as the second wolf ran from me. His fur was dark black like the other, and nearly as big. I could only catch a glimpse of a white tipped tail and feet before he disappeared into the trees.

"How cool..." I mumbled to myself.

That comfortable feeling of security and wonder quickly left. A breeze came by and a shiver went up my spine. I looked around the area, feeling eyes on me. Movement off to the right, deep in the woods had me scrambling off my lounge and rushing into the apartment. I swiftly locked the door behind me and took a deep breath. There was another wolf out there...

Why would one wolf make me feel threatened but the other two...? I shook my head, trying to clear it. I swear I read too many books!

Spotting the bags full of christmas presents by the door, I decided to get it over with. After pulling out the wrapping paper, tape, and sissors I set to work.

I don't know how long I sat there for...I do know that when Outasight's Tonight's the Night started blaring from my phone, I had been sitting so long my legs had fallen asleep. I crawled over to my phone in my purse by the door and answering it with out looking, thinking it was my mom.

"The oh-so-happy-Christmas-elf at your service, your wish is my desire!" I said sarcastically into the phone as I tried to crawl back to my mess of presents on the floor.

A deep masculine laugh filtered through the phone, sending shivers down my spine. That definitely wasn't my mom...

"Oh, Gosh! Shit...I mean...um, hello?" Good going Noel, make a fool of yourself!

"Noel?" his voice said.

"Chris?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, it's me. I hope it's later enough?" he asked, making me confused.