Chapter Three

New York Streets

Percy kept walking, looking around thoughtfully. After the alien attack a few years ago, Stark Tower was pretty much the focal point of Manhattan. Annabeth would've paid anything to have insight on how it was built. 

He stepped in through the doors, then heard a chime overhead. "Welcome to Stark Tower, sir," a robotic voice with a British accent announced. 

"Er . . . thanks, I guess," Percy replied awkwardly. "I'm here to see - " 

"Ah, so you're Perseus Jackson, correct?" 

Percy jumped. "They know I'm coming?" 

"Your father and the others are explaining as we speak." 

Percy scratched his head. "So, does that mean I can go on up?" 

"Go on right ahead, Mr. Jackson. I am JARVIS, if you need anything." 

"Thanks," Percy replied, stepping into the elevator. 

"You're quite welcome, sir."

***

"So Nico's going to shadow travel with Mrs. O'Leary to Camp Jupiter and pick up Frank and Hazel," Piper was saying to her friends at Camp Half-Blood, using Katoptris to see if she could glimpse anything in the blade. "I think that should mean we can go in pairs." 

"So Jason and I can go first in case Percy needs help with anything," Annabeth Chase, Percy's girlfriend, assumed. "Then you and Leo. Nico, Frank, Hazel, and Mrs. O'Leary can wrap it all up." 

"One problem," Leo Valdez told her, frowning as he leaned back in his chair, fiddling with wires. "How will Piper and I get there?" 

"Pegasi," Jason Grace replied. "Percy would want to see Blackjack again, but you guys better not ride him." 

Leo gave a mock salute. "Yes sir," he drawled. 

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "So if you're all done . . . " 

Jason wrapped an arm around Annabeth's waist, and Piper tried not to be jealous that her boyfriend was touching another girl. "We'll see you in New York." 

With that, the son of Jupiter and the daughter of Athena flew out of Bunker 9 and into the air, flying towards Manhattan.

***

"So we're keeping not one, but seven demigods in here?" Tony asked his jaw dropping. 

Athena rolled her eyes. "Honestly, he's worse than Apollo," she muttered. 

Ares punched her in the arm. "Easy, Athie." He grinned at Tony. "Currently it's seven, but you might get a few more and a few nice creatures." 

"Like his pet hellhound," Hephaestus suggested, patting sparks out of his beard. "Or his Pegasus." 

"Mrs. O'Leary's well trained," Poseidon protested, "and Blackjack is almost always with Percy!" 

"Er . . . " a voice asked awkwardly. "Did I interrupt something?" 

Everyone simultaneously turned towards the elevator, which they hadn't even heard open. Standing there was a boy in his late teens with messy black hair and eyes just like Poseidon's, wearing jeans and that orange T-shirt which had Greek lettering on it. "Cuz I could always come back," he offered.