Chapter 12: Drunk Driver

Crystal's Pov

"Freak wind Anna? That was so corny," I laugh as we pass by the boy's car once more. All the boys are in one car and all the girls in another. I'm driving and Anna's in the passenger seat.

"Hey, what else was I supposed to say? 'Oh the big mess in here is all my fault because I'm some special werewolf who has the power of wind,' ?"

     "Whatever," I frown as I see the boys speed past us, screaming "See you at home!" as they drive faster. We drive along Prova Lake, which means we are still an hour or two away from home.

"Is that a drunk driver?" Skylar asks as she points towards a red car that's coming over a hill and swerving everywhere.

"Maybe," Love says as she scoots closer towards the front to get a closer look. Anna and I squint our eyes and he really does seem like a drunk driver, swerving everywhere. He starts to get closer and closer to us. He gets into our lane and I move into the opposite lane, thankful that no one else is on this road. He copies my movement and I go back into the first lane I was in, and he still copies my movement. Almost as if he wants to crash into us.

"Here I'll take care of it, I'll wind his car back," Anna says, eyes glued onto the car.

"No, you might hurt him. He's still an innocent human you know," Love replies sympathetically.

"Then I'll put up an Earth shield,"

"No, that's still dangerous," I respond to Skylar.

"Then what are we supposed to do? He's coming close-"

---------------------------------------

"A-Anna? Love? S-Skylar?" I stutter as I open my eyes and see a tree. Why am I looking at a tree? I should be looking at broken glass or something. I painfully sit up and look around me. I see two cars collided and a broken window in the driver's seat of my car.

"I guess I somehow flew out my window. Heh, flew. That's funny because Superman flies and I'm not Superman. Oh gosh, I'm going crazy, but wait, I've already been crazy. I'm going crazier!"

I have a horrible migraine and I feel as if I was just hit by a car. Well technically, I was. I feel something drip down my face, and when I go to wipe it, I find out its blood. I try to stand, but I fall to the ground. I try once more, and am able to get up. But my migraine just got 100 times worse. I try my best to ignore the pain and walk over my car. I see Anna, knocked out, and her arm is twisted at a weird angle. Love, also knocked out, but she is bleeding on her head, almost exactly where I'm bleeding. Skylar, again knocked out, has her leg twisted in a weird angle as well. I walk over to the passenger's door and try to open it.

"It won't open, why won't it open?!" I think out loud. "Maybe I could break the window, but then she'll have broken glass all over her."

I walk over to Skylar's door and then Love's door, both won't budge.

"Skylar! Love! Anna!" I scream trying to wake them up. Tears start to fall down my face, at first they fell one by one but now there is a steady stream. I try my door, and it won't budge. I think about going through the window, but there's more broken glass.

I walk over to the red car and look in the driver's seat. And to my surprise, there is just a dummy sitting in the driver's seat and he's wearing a hat and sunglasses and even a fake beard.

"What on Earth is this?" I examine him and see there is some writing on his chest.

"'Watch your back'" I say slowly, reading the message out loud.

"Watch your back? Watch your back?! I just wanna watch my friends live for goodness sake!" Tears start to fall faster now, and I feel a sob coming up.

"Calm down. Calm down Crystal. Just think: what do you know about car accidents? Nothing! I don't know anything beside texting and driving and drinking and," a sob escapes my lips, "Movies. Think about movies. In car crashes in movies, what usually happens? Explosions! That's what usually happens! I have to save them!" I scream as another sob escapes.

"But wait, I can't do anything. I don't have any powers or anything. Think, Crystal, think! Okay, so fire, Earth, and wind. Those are the elements! Except they're missing water so maybe that's my power!" I run towards the lake which is not that far so I still have a clear view of the accident and try.

I lift my hands and then push them towards the accident: nothing happens.

"C'mon, come on." I say trying over and over again, hiccuping every now and then because of my crying.

"This has to work, come on!" I try over and over again to no avail. I fall to my knees, tears streaming down my face, sobs escaping my lips, and just scream.

"Please! Please! They are my best friends! *hiccup* They've always been there for me and they can't just leave me! Please! *hiccup* I don't even know what this has to do with water or my powers; I'm just desperate. Help *hiccup* them please. Help them, save them please! Please! Please, please." I throw my hands in the air as if they were saying that I surrender.

I look around as nothing happens, and close my eyes in defeat.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Sorry guys for the short-ish chapter. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! Keep reading on my applepies!!!