Chapter 1 *

*This is a rewrite!*

This is another book of mine that I'm still working on. have about 2 more dozen chapters on FF.net. But I will post them on here. Give me time :D

Please enjoy the first chapter!

How long had it been? Will he find me then?! Should I keep going? I don't want to go back! I can't! I must keep running! Lucy constantly looked back as she ran through the heavy rain as it pelted against her raw skin, red from exposure of her father's cruelty.

She ran as fast as she could through the forest that she found herself in, dodging roots, trees, but failed to dodge a little girl in armor, causing the two to tumble down a hill.

Tumbling to a stop, Lucy regained her bearings. She soon sees that she was on top of a dazed redhead girl looking back at her confusedly. Lucy instantly stood up, wincing from the pain caused by the fall earlier.

Lucy observed that the redhead was young, had a long skirt, her red hair in a braid, and armor over her clothes.

"Are you okay?" The redhead girl in armor asked.

Lucy hesitantly nodded.

"May I ask what happened?"

Lucy didn't answer immediately. She focused on her stance as he rose to her fill height. Can she fight? Think she would let me come with her?

A hand was waving in front of Lucy, trying to get her attention. "Hello? Did you hit your head?"

Lucy snapped out of her reverie and got on her knees and bowed down. "Take me with you!"

"Huh?" The girl was unsure of what was happening.

"Take me with you!" Lucy repeated, still on her knees, bowing down.

"Why?" The girl was still confused.

"Please just take me with you!" Lucy trembled, fearing that the girl in armor would leave her.

The girl standing noticed this and decided to confront her. "If you tell me what's wrong, then I'll take you back with me."

Lucy snapped her head up, "Really?" She shouted in a loud voice, now standing. Lucy didn't expect this girl to agree. The past travelers ignored her...and Lucy did not know why.

The girl in armor was concerned, but did not show it. "You have to tell me first."

Lucy sighed, hiding behind her hair. "People wants me dead." Lucy didn't want to say anything else...or say who wanted her dead.

The girl in armor sighed, thinking how vague her reply was. But she did promised.

"My name is Erza. I just finished a job. So I was on my way back to my guild. You can come back with me as well." Erza smiled, extending her hand towards the blonde.

Lucy looked back at Erza, looking for nay truth or lies in her eyes. Lucy felt like she could trust her. "I'm Lucy. Thank you." She grabbed Erza's hand and shook it.

Though Erza said that she was going to take her back to this guild, Lucy was still afraid. Can she trust Erza?

"Lucy? Are you ready?" Erza asked, noticing that Lucy was still shaking. "Lucy? Do you want to talk about it?"

Lucy looked back at Erza and nervously smiled. "I'm fine. Lead the way."

"Very well." Erza turned and started walking, allowing Lucy to follow her.

Couple hours later, they arrived at a town. Erza said that the town was called Magnolia, to which made Lucy more tensed. Magnolia was a town that Lucy often visited. There might be a chance that the people might find her here.