Chapter One

I knew it was wrong. I knew I should have went to the cops when I heard my parents talk but I didn't. They're my parents, I didn't want them to get in trouble.

Would I protect my parents even if it means doing something illegal? At first I would say no. I wouldn't do that. But now nine months later I'm hiding from the cops with a kid in my parents basement.

(Nine months ago)
"Mike, I hate them so much. All their money and happiness." I heard my mom tell my dad in their room. I listened from the closed door. For years I've heard my parents talk about the Cabello family. And how they hate them.

I never met them before so I don't personally know anything about them to judge them.

"I know honey. We need to do something about that." I heard my dad say.

From what my parents tell my about the family is that the couple owns a company and makes more money than my parents. It sounds stupid I know but my parents are like that.

My parents runs many companies and making lots of money but they get mad at other people for making more.

"You know they have two daughters." I heard my mom say.

"Yeah and?" My dad asked.

"We could I don't know take the younger one raise it as are own and lock her up." I heard my mom say. I couldn't believe it. My parents talking about kidnapping the girl.

In my eighteen years I have pictured my parents talking about this.

"Would it work out?" I was shocked my dad would even take it into consideration.

"Yeah, we spy on the girl. Take her and keep her in the basement until she dies." My mom said.

I shouldn't be listening to this. I'm disgusted in my parents. I got up and acted like I didn't just hear anything.

I heard my parents door open by the time I was in my room. "Lauren you have a minute?" My dad asked with my mom in the back of him.

I sat on my bed feeling my heart beat faster.

"We need you to do something for us." He began to tell me.
---------
I went down to the basement with a tray of food on it. I unlocked the door and went in.

"Sofi, time to eat." I told her as she got off her bed and went to the tray.

I looked down at the kid remember how my parents told me to take her. At first I didn't want to do it but I can't say no to my parents.

So one day I followed the kid to the park. She was with her older sister. And when the older sister left for a few seconds I ran to the girl.

I scooped her up covering her mouth and ran with a black hoodie over my head. I went to my house seeing my parents waiting for me with the door wide open for me.

At first Sofi was crying and screaming. I didn't know what my parents did to her or what they told her but she stopped after a while.

On the news we would see the Cabello family crying, trying to find their daughter.

I felt terrible. I knew my parents wouldn't feed Sofi in the basement so I would take her food any chance I could get.

I remember bring my TV in my room to the basement so she could watch TV. I knew my parents wouldn't know because they never went down there.

Sofi was eating her food as I watched the little girl. I need to get her out. For the passed week she's been getting sick. She hasn't seen been outside for nine months.

I knew I shouldn't have taken her. But it's my fault she's here and now it's my responsibility to get her out, without my parents finding out.

Authors note
I hope you like this new story shoutout to Laurend2728 for the cool idea and shoutout to ssweet-talk for the book cover