Author's Note

Hello, Readers ~

To those who began this story here, first off, thank you for taking the time to try out this fanfiction. I already gave a short description, but I wanted to give some more information about this book in case anyone had any questions regarding what this fanfiction is about.

Of course, this is a Hetalia fanfiction that involves 50 States OCs. However, this book is also, in a way, a historical fiction. It's also a book full of short stories, all of which are based on various subjects. Such subjects include historical events, famous figures, various cultures, social trends, and anything random in relation to the United States of America.

There are 51 state chapters in total (in addition to various content). Every one of them is centered around a state in addition to Washington D.C. This reason I created a chapter per state is mainly a personal gripe. It would be mean or bias of me to write most of the book on certain states. As such, each state gets their own chapter. Of course, not every chapter is equal in length.

The length of these short stories vary. Some contain as little as 1000 words. Others may contain over 10,000 words. If you don't believe me, I recommend you look through this book and see for yourself. Overall, this book is a long read for those who plan to read every single chapter, including side chapters as well as the prologue and epilogue.

For more information on side chapters, read the first side chapter in this book.

Of course, I understand not every reader is interested in all fifty states plus the American capital. Even though there isn't a single narrative going throughout the chapters, one of this book's benefits are these chapters contain their own plotlines. Therefore, anyone can pick random chapters in this book without having to refer to another chapter before it. I don't hold a grudge toward those who want to read only a few chapters in this book. I'm happy enough having anyone read this story. But to those who decide to read every single chapter, even on states they're not interested in, I appreciate your commitment for I've worked really hard to create my OCs.

Speaking of my OCs, I want to remind everyone I did put work into my 50 States OCs. I spent a lot of time researching their histories and cultures as well as their personalities and character traits. My 50 States character profiles can be seen in a separate book called Hetalia: Guide to the Fifty States on my Wattpad profile. It's not a requirement to read the character guide beforehand for I am confident the short stories can be read without the reliance of a background check on the OCs. Nevertheless, feel free to check that guide out for those wanting to get to know my 50 States OCs a little better.

While reading either this book or character guide, I understand some may disagree with my interpretation on their state. I don't mind criticism so as it's respectful. However, please understand every individual has their own interpretation of a state. By no means is mine perfect. Even so, I put a lot of effort into understanding the states these OCs personify. Not only that, I also put in a lot of work into this fanfiction for this is my first story of any kind being put on the Internet.

I have been well-acquainted with Hetalia prior to publishing this book. I read various Hetalia fanfiction as well as look over the various Hetalia OCs created by many Hetalians. Some of the Hetalia OCs I saw were personified States of America. I ended up developing an interest in the subject. But unfortunately, most of the 50 States fanfiction were either abandoned, or they weren't up to my expectations. It was then I decided to write and publish my own 50 States fanfiction. My goal to create and finish a 50 States featuring all fifty states plus Washington D.C. was achieved in 2018. Of course, that's not the end of the story.

Sure, I'm not the best writer, nor am I a grammar expert. There will be mistakes. There will be parts that seem amateurish. I do check my spelling and grammar. I do edit and rewrite these stories in order to give the readers a better experience when they're reading these stories. Even after doing all of that, there'll be errors that fly over my head. Such errors include character development, narrative problems, OOC moments, and mistakes in relation to the subject the story is based on, especially when it involves historical and social events.

If there are mistakes, feel free to notify me in the comments of a chapter, or a personal message to my account. I'll be sure to correct the mistake as soon as I have the time to fix them. If the mistake is serious such as a misrepresentation of a historical event, I'll go so far as to take the chapter down, rewrite the plot, and publish the chapter that's more accurate to the event. Again, I took this fanfiction to heart, so I'm really passionate on making this story perfect.

Despite this fanfiction's flaws, to me, what matters is entertaining readers with the stories I write. As long as there are readers who read this book, content with both the stories and the OCs involved, I fulfilled this book's main purpose. After this book, I plan to write more stories, and I hope anyone who reads this decides to check out my other works as well.

Again, thank you all once again for checking this book out, including this author's note. Feel free to follow me for updates in addition to voting on any chapters you like. Overall, enjoy this long fanfiction, and hopefully it entertains you or inspires you in fact. As a fellow Hetalian and history love, I say: PASTA~

~ Jade