Chapter 11

I was motionless. My mother? She's dead.

"The Queen can't be my mother, you serpent," I said bitterly to the siren. "You killed her eleven migrations ago!"

"I did?" Venus asked with a sickly sweet voice. "Oh no I didn't. You see we simply made it look that way. She'd left for a bit to have an heir. Queen Marina met your father, he believed her siren escape story and little Oceana was born. Now you'll have to come with me." Venus pulled me down the entrance with ease. As we went deeper and deeper through the siren 'so lair, it was clear they had a show planned for tonight.

"Oh, my queen," Venus called with a harmonious yet hellish voice. "There's a visitor for you!" With an enormous shove, I was forced into a large chamber. The walls were covered with shells holding tiny ships. Skulls adorned and flat surface and gold coins were overflowing from chests.

"Sit," a melodious voice commanded from the corner. I turned to see my mother and it was if a day hadn't passed, except many already have. "Ah, Oceana, my sweet child. I've missed you," she said as she embraced me closely. "I almost didn't recognize you
but who could forget such blue hair?" She'd taken a piece of my hair and played with it.

"Don't touch me," I said, laced with venom. Grabbing her wrist, I threw it away from my head. "You're not my mother. My mother was no siren." My mother looked offended and hurt.

"Why, my dear," she said upset. "I'm sorry that you have had a rough time and I told Venus not to kill anyone from your party when you arrived."

"Release Opal," I demanded. "Now or you won't have an heir." With a nod I knew my mother understood.

"Very well," she agreed. "Your friend is free but you'll have to become my successor now. The new siren queen. Queen Oceana, the most bloodthirsty queen ever. A golden age for us." She smiled proudly at me. "You still have to taste human blood. Then your thirst for blood will be unquenchable!"

I swallowed nervously. "Yes, mother." I nodded and her smile widened.

"Guards!" She called and two grey sirens came through the opening. "Release the mermaid to the party at the door and wipe their memories of my daughter as well as this place. They are never to return here." My heart had just been crushed, shredded like a shark's meal.

Now, my heart is as hard as a stone.

~~~~~~~
Alright alright. That's the end of  Without a Pod. Please, don't kill me. I am going to start a second draft of this story in a completely different book but the title will remain the same and I'll get a new cover. Do please vote and uh I'll be posting draft two sometime early next year. I'll see you all then. Be sure to check out my story Through the Finish because it's more detailed and better written than this. Okay bye! <:

-Hannah

Ps here's a description of you all rn:
(°□°)╯┻━┻
(°Д°)╯︵ /(.□ . \)