Chapter 9

"Reef!" Coral cried out. As soon as we heard her, our heads whipped around to see what looked like three spears protruding Reef's chest. His head was thrown back as blood seeped out of the wound. 

     "What a shame," an eerily familiar voice sighed. "He was cute. Oh well, we got to our goal." Venus chuckled with a haunting grin, turning Reef's corpse away to reveal herself. A trident. She killed our companion with a king's weapon. She ripped her weapon out of Reef, leaving his back in shreds. 

     "You monster," Atlas said quietly. His usual welcoming and warm expression was replaced with utter hatred. Venus simply grinned maliciously.

     "Why thank you." She laughed. "You all are pathetic. Now, give me Oceana." She said laced with victory. When she didn't get what she wanted she hissed harshly, "Give me the brat! Now!" Her gaze drifted over to North, "Remember our agreement? Give her to me now!"

     North roughly grabbed my arm. "Let's go." He said coldly dragging me towards the siren.

     "What are you doing?!" Coral asked him harshly.

     "Getting Opal back." He replied with poison injected to his words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super short chapter I know but all is revealed. So what are your thoughts? All good things I presume. Sorry for taking so long but I have lots of plans and I'm rewriting this to be longer and more detailed. Stay tuned!

-Hannah