"Must not have arrived yet." you muttered to yourself.

You sat down at one of the free outdoor tables while you waited for her, but not before taking a look at the menu. Quickly you scanned all directions to see if she was arriving, still no sign. Your eyes were then drawn to a performer on the street playing on drums. While his music wasn't the best, just average music one would normally expect from a street performer, you still found it worth listening to just to pass the time until Yang arrived.

Nerves were beginning to get to you again.

"Just calm down." you told yourself. It didn't do much. No matter what you told yourself there was always that one part of you that kept saying that this wasn't going to go well and that was the only thing that seemed to get through.

Once again you scanned the around for her and sure enough you spot her approaching.

"No backing out now."

Your heart began beating faster, your nerves were getting stronger.

"Don't panic everything will be fine."

"Hey there. Were you waiting long ?" Yang asked.

"No. I only got here a few minutes ago."

"Mind if we sit inside ?"

"Not at all." you reply, standing up to follow her inside.

Inside there was no shortage of free spaces . Yang spotted a place for two in the corner and directed you towards it. You both sat down and gave the waiter your orders rather quickly.

"Ever been here before ?" Yang asked.

"No. I walk past here every now and again but I've never been inside. What about you ?"

"I've been here a few times with my team."

For a several seconds there was silence between the two of you until you broke it.

"I saw you and your team on the news."

"You did ?" Yang asked sounding surprised.

"When all those Grimm got into the city. The reports were showing footage of the whole thing."

"We pretty much went to bed straight after that. It was a long day."

"Well from what I saw I'd it was a rest well earned."

"Thanks." she replied, smiling at your comment.

The silence returned again. This time it went on for longer than previously. You were starting to feel awkward, whether or not Yang was feeling the same you couldn't tell, she had a smile on her face that hadn't disappeared since she arrived. Desperately you tried to think of something to say. However you also wanted to choose your words carefully, worrying that one wrong move might alienate her from you.

"Think of something. Tell her a funny story. Ask her about school. Heck ask her why she wanted to meet up with you."

"Don't worry so much." Yang spoke, noticing that you were in a stupor.

"Sorry." you replied embarrassed. "I've never been out with someone like this before."

Yang placed a reassuring hand on yours.

"I haven't either. Don't worry about it. "

To your surprise this helped a little. Maybe it was because you needed to hear it from her, or maybe it was the upbeat attitude Yang seemed to constantly have.

"So where did you live before you started at Beacon ?" you asked.

"Patch."

"That means you probably went to Signal Academy."