You Love Ladybug ︎♦︎ marinette x adrien

The akuma had been defeated, the city cleaned, and the residents were fine. The sun beamed down on the city, giving off a pleasant warmth. The two superheros stood atop a roof and smiled at each other.

"I'll see you later, Chat." Ladybug announced, hearing her miraculous beep against her ear. She waved him goodbye and began to leave, leaping across the tiled rooftops. Chat watched as she raced off, the red suited girl obviously worried that her identity would be revealed if she stayed any longer. Sighing happily, Chat slid off of the roof and landed on the concrete sidewalk. Just as he was about to transform back into Adrien, he heard a yelp from a few buildings over, one that sounded eerily like Ladybug. On instinct, Chat bolted in the direction of the distressed cry, spotting Ladybug with her foot jammed under a wire, her body hanging twenty feet above the solid ground. The building she was dangling from was an apartment block near the school, but the street wasn't at all busy. It seemed that she had it under control, and the cry was more out of shock instead of fear, but as soon as she started leaning up, the wire snapped.

"Ladybug!" Chat yelled, rushing over and quickly catching the falling girl in his arms. Just as he was opening his eyes after recovering from the impact, a blinding light spread over his companion. When the light was gone Chat felt the light pass over him; he had transformed back into Adrien. The girl clinging on to his chest gasped and jumped away, as if frightened of him. Adrien opened his eyes, feeling very guilty of seeing Ladybug in her normal form. Standing in front of him was Marinette Dupain-Cheng, one of his classmates at school. Marinette looked so shaken up she was almost on the brink of crying, but she just stood there, staring at Adrien. Excitement boiled up inside of him, making his lips spread into a huge smile.

"Marinette... You're Ladybug?" Adrien asked, grinning. Finally he was able to know who the love of his life was behind the mask.

The blue haired girl glanced away, not daring to make eye contact, "I-I mean, I'm not... Adrien... I didn't want you finding out like this..."
The blonde beamed, grabbing Marinette's hands, "You're Ladybug! I can't believe it! After all this time we can be together! Y-You love Adrien, I love Ladybug, it's perfect!"
"W-wait--"

"Oh, Ladybug!" He exclaimed, overjoyed, while the girl dropped his hands to look away. As Adrien was rambling he noticed Marinette bite her lip and squeeze her eyes shut, gazing at the ground beneath them. She didn't look up, and he could see tears forming in the corners of her beautiful blue eyes.

"Ladybug, what's wrong?" Adrien asked, taking her hand again, "Isn't this what you wanted?" Many would faint at the thought of their super hero companion being their long time crush behind the mask. Why was Marinette not shocked? Or at least the slightest bit pleased?

"No... N-no, it's not..." Marinette choked out, fighting back the urge to sob and let out any emotion; she didn't want to appear weak.
"Ladybug--"
"Don't call me that!" Marinette yelled suddenly, swatting Adrien's hand away from hers. The blonde took a step back, watching as his classmate gave in to the sadness and tears beginning to run down her cheeks.

"You don't love me... You love Ladybug!" She sobbed, looking up to show the misery plastered on her usually cheerful face. Adrien frowned, trying to think of something to say. He had always known that Marinette shared the same qualities of Ladybug, and he began feeling a close connection to her. This was the only chance he had to be with Ladybug, both in super hero and personal life.
"My la-- Marinette, you are Ladybug! I love you!"

"Don't you dare say that!" She violently interrupted, rage and sadness piercing her voice, making it crack and waver with every word that tumbled out, "You love Ladybug... So until you can love Marinette... I won't be with you..."

Adrien could feel his heart beginning to shatter. Was she ever going to talk to him again, as Ladybug or Marinette? Would she just stay away from Chat and do all of the work while capturing akumas? "Marinette, I do love you!"

"Please... Adrien... This isn't right." Her voice was growing quieter, more distant, as though she just wanted to disappear there and then. She took a step forward and began walking, shoving lightly past Adrien in frustration. There were tear stains littered all over her face, and Adrien resisted the nagging urge to pull her into a hug.

"No... Marinette, please..." But it was too late, the girl had ran off with her kwami flying in wake, trying to calm her down. Pedestrians looked over at her, wondering why there was a sobbing highschooler pelting down a street in the crowded city.

Adrien sighed and sat down in a way that appeared to just be falling over. He buried his head in his hands, regretting everything he had just done.

"She'll never accept me... As Ladybug or Marinette... And as Chat Noir or Adrien..."