Quidditch Games and Rain ♦︎ klance

(A/N - Pidge uses female pronouns in this, please don't attack me)

The sky was already dark, despite it only being 5 pm. Winter in the castle was miserable, especially for the Quidditch teams who needed to practice, but couldn't due to the constant cloudy or rainy forecast. The Slytherin common room was quiet, many students spending their free time upstairs in the library or Great Hall, while others lingered around the common rooms. Keith and Pidge were sitting in the corner of the room, light from the fireplace illuminating the pages of the books laid out in front of them. They were supposed to be studying, but every few minutes one would bring up the topic of Quidditch, and the conversations would then convert from curses and spells to the speed of the Snitch. Keith was the Seeker of the Slytherin team, while Pidge was the Keeper.

"Pidge, I've had enough," Keith suddenly said, placing down his book, "we keep talking about Quidditch and yet we haven't gone out to practice. Can we just ditch studying for an hour before it starts raining?"

Pidge thought this over, glancing between the stack of books, Keith, then back at the books."I guess it would be better to go now rather than later since it's probably going to rain. And that means there'll be no one else there, because I'm pretty sure no team would schedule to use the pitch knowing it would rain. We'll only have about an hour but sure, we can practice."

Keith's eyes lit up and what seemed like a small smile appeared on his face as he rushed to his room to get his clothes, boots, broom, and the case of balls. Pidge decided that she would just accompany Keith to the field, but not play herself; mostly so she could just keep reading. Once the Seeker was ready, the two left the common room and got out of the castle unseen; if they had been spotted there definitely would have been questions.

They made their way down the hills outside of the castle and approached the pitch, the thick fog covering the tops of the goal posts and stands, which were still decorated in yellows and reds after the last Hufflepuff versus Gryffindor match. Stopping at the base of one post, Keith placed down his broom and set down the case of balls. Before he could open it to release the Snitch, the faint sound of voices appeared from off side of the pitch. Pidge instinctively grabbed her wand but lowered it when two figures walked into view, one in a red Quidditch outfit and the other in a simple shirt with red and black robes.

"Oh, hey it's Hunk!" The Slytherin girl called, recognising the face of the 7th year Gryffindor. Hunk seemed to notice her as well and jogged up to meet her, the two quickly making conversation as the other Gryffindor approached Keith. As he stepped into sight, Keith automatically recognised the dark skin, windswept hair, and the red Quidditch uniform. Lance was the Seeker of the Gryffindor team, so he and Keith naturally formed a rivalry between themselves.

The green robed student spoke up, frowning at Lance's presence, "What do you think you're doing here? Pidge and I came to practice."
"And that's exactly why I came down too; I need to practice," He replied, annoyance tinting his words.

"Pidge and I were here first, we should get a say."

"You didn't book the pitch," Lance snarled back.

"Well, neither did you," Keith took a step closer in an intimidating fashion.

"Um, guys," Hunk said, approaching the two Seekers, "the pitch is quite big, you can just practice on opposite sides--"

"Quiet Hunk, I'm trying to win an argument," the other Gryffindor interrupted.

"He is right though; the pitch would be big enough for two Seekers to practice with two Snitches at the same time," Pidge suggested, backing up her friend's claims.

Keith seemed to completely ignore Pidge and continued his dispute with Lance.
"I need to be on top of my game for the Hufflepuff match, which is next week,"