Chapter 8 - Celebrating Victory

Recap: Just then a girl comes from back and keeps hand on Manik's shoulder . Manik turns and the girl smiles .

She introduces herself as Soha Khurrana .

Khurrana : Manik, this is my daughter Soha Khurrana.
Soha : Hi {she forwards her hand }
Manik : Hello , I'm Manik Malhotra { He also shakes hands with her }
Manik looks at Nandini and they exchange glances.
Soha : Dad , don't you think this calls for a celebration . I mean now we and the Malhotras are business partners. So why dont we keep a party tonight ?
Khurrana : Yes my doll, if you say so. So Manik, tonight there is party at my mansion and all the three of you are invited . And no excuses you all must come .
Manik : Yeah sure .

Manik ,Nandini and Cabir  leave in their car .

Manik : Nandini , today you proved me that you are trustworthy.
{Nandini blushes hearing this .}
Cabir : Ikr . Nandini congrats you are the reason for our victory And I am absolutely sorry for congratulating you so late . Its actually because Manik was busy congratulating you so that's why .
{Manik gives a look to cabir .}
Manik : So Nandini , you know right that today you must come for the party .
Nandini: But sir , I don't have a dress to wear , I just bought my formal clothes thinking that we will be leaving tomorrow .
Manik : Don't worry about that I'll get you one . You know as a gift for cracking this deal.
{Cabir coughs and Nandini smiles. }

They reach the hotel . They go to their rooms and takes rest . Nandini is so happy. She talks to her mom . She then calls Navya and says everything about how Manik was very rude with her in the beginning and how she succeeded in impressing him finally . Navya is very happy for her . They talk for sometime and then hangs the phone .

Nandini goes to Cabir' room . He opens the door and she gets in .

Nandini : Thank you sooo much Cabir . I really can't thank you enough .
Cabir : It's ok , Nandini . I said we are friends and in friendship no formalities . {Nandini smiles.}

*FLASHBACK* (The night before coming to Singapore )

Cabir , after leaving Manik's house convincing Manik to let Nandini go home , goes to Nandini's house .He helps Nandini prepare for the meeting and helps her build confidence . He teaches her how to face the scary ppl especially her boss .

*PRESENT*

Nandini : Sir, is not that bad right ?
Cabir : Yeah , in fact not at all bad . It's just that he becomes strict so that he can handle the company and his employees. That's why . Or else he is the best person I could say . He's really kind at heart .
Nandini : I know , I came across his diary . But why does he hate Nyonika maam ?
Cabir : It's a secret . I'm sorry I can't say that .
Nandini : Oh , it's ok.
Cabir : And listen don't let Manik know that I helped you in the presentation , or else your impression will turn into compression.
{Nandini smiles .}
Nandini : Ok then cabir , I'll have to go now .
Cabir : Yeah ok .

Nandini goes to her room . After sometime , she gets a parcel from Manik . It's a lovely dark blue long gown . She just loves it .Finally it is time for the party . Nandini dresses up and opens the door . Just then Manik and cabir also came out . Manik was surprised to see her . She was looking really different today .

Cabir : Wow Nandini. You look so different . I mean like seriously so different , right Manik?
{Manik didn't reply . He was mesmerized by her beauty . Cabir shakes Manik .}
Cabir : Manik, are you alright ?
Manik : uhh... Yeah . Let's go .
[While going Manik whispers in Nandini's ears " you are looking really beautiful today !" She blushes . Cabir notices this .]

They arrive at the party . Soha gets happy seeing Manik . She goes to hug Manik and he just shook hand with her . Mr. Khurrana comes and asks them to enjoy .Manik and Cabir have a drink . They offer Nandini a drink but she denies . Soha comes there .

Soha: Manik , can we dance together ?
Manik : uhh.. Soha , actually I'm not in a mood .
Soha : Please, Manik it's ok just come .
[She drags Manik to the dance floor . The music starts . Manik looks at Nandini and dances . Soha tries to get closer to Manik. She places her hand on Manik's face. Manik holds her hand and stops her and backs out from dancing . Soha gets sad and thinks she shouldn't have done it .]

Manik goes to Cabir .

Cabir : Looks like Soha is interested in you.
Manik : But I'm not interested in her . I didn't say anything cause she is Khurrana's daughter , or else I would have shown her .
Cabir : Just chill yaar.
{Manik notices Nandini standing lonely. Manik thinks there is something special in her.}

Manik: vaise Nandini , do you mind dancing with me ?
{Nandini looks at Manik .}
C: Manik, like seriously . You just said to Soha that you are not in a mood and now why Nandini ?
M: I asked Nandini not u .
C: Oooo Ohk fyn
M:Nandini ...
N: sir , main...
M: Nandini sir and all only in office , not here ok?
N: ok sir ... I mean Manik .
M: Gud ,so now come .

They dance on ishq wala love . Soha gets irked seeing this and thinks why did he lie to me .

The party is over and they are going back to hotel . Manik looks at Nandini while she goes to her room . Cabir notices this. Cabir goes to manik's room

C: Manik , waise... What's cooking ?
M: what do u mean ?
C: what do I mean ? Like seriously ? U think others are fool , they can't understand anything?
M: idk what u talking abt .
C: I'm noticing u from the time we came to Singapore , u being so sweet to Nandini . Like u danced with her also in the party .
M: it's nothing like that . She was lonely so I just thought ... , and btw she's not that bad yaar .
C: yeah , infact not at all bad .
M: idk why I had been so rude with her . And there is something special in her which is not there in anyone else , ya something
C: oh really ? Then y didn't others find out there is something special about her ? Why only u feel like that ?
M: idk . But I just don't understand how come she presented it so well.
C: her talent .
M:ya u r right .Now let's sleep I'm feeling so tired .
C: ya even Im feeling tired , I'm going. Gn
M: gn

Nandini is in her room full of thoughts how Manik changed from a monster to a caring person . She tries to sleep but the thoughts about Manik disturbs her.

The next day morning

M,C&N leave for Mumbai . Soha and KHURRANA goes to the airport to bid farwell to them.
They reach Mumbai and are welcomed by kuber at the airport . They go directly to office . ALYA comes and hugs Manik.
Kuber congratulates Nandini for doing it . Alya doesn't like it . Manik goes to his cabin and asks Nandini for coffee. After Nandini goes out , ALYA comes in . She talks to Manik about how much she missed him . Manik is least interested in hearing it and does his work . Just then Nandini comes in with the coffee .
Alya : Not u know u have to knock b4 coming inside ?
Nandini : I'm sorry ma'am
Manik : ALYA it's ok it's just u here .
Nandini keep the coffee on the table .ALYA purposely puts her leg forward. Nandini trips and falls but Manik catches her .
Manik : are u ok Nandini ?
Nandini : yes sir .
Manik : be careful Nandini .
{ALYA fumes seeing this .}