Two Hearts Embrace

Harriet's POV,

We exited the cave through a veil of willow leaves. Dappled sunlight flowed through the trees throwing odd shadows onto the forest floor. The horse galloped onwards for a few miles until we reached a rich green meadows. It stopped and we dismounted. Once we had done that, it bolted back where it had come. A farm house lay a few feet away. Jasper took my hand as we walked to the house. As soon as we reached the front door it opened.

"Why, your Majesty and the Curse Breaker too." His kind gaze fell on our clasped hands.

"Come in, the whole kingdoms been searching for you these past seven years." The man sounded worried.

I cast a glance at Jasper, who's face was blank. I pulled him gently inside. Time must of been different in the warlocks castle. We didn't age but everything did around us. I then thought of my family. But this man who stood in front of us seemed oddly familiar.

"Toby!?" I gasped.

I ran forward to embrace him. He gladly accepted the hug. He had some grey in his hair but other than that he was still my brother.

"Harriet, oh, how we've missed you. Luissa gave birth to a charming pair of twins nine months after you vanished. You should see them. I swore that both had pointed ears." He explained, laughing.

As if on cue, a pair of dark haired children appeared. One boy and one girl.

"Aunt Hattie!" They burst out, hugging me tightly.

Jasper also got his share of hugs too. I saw him smile serenely at them. The could of only be six years old.

"This is Leon and this one is Pansy." Toby grinned as he shooed them away.

"I thank you for the reward. We were able to move to somewhere with better pastures. We are all on the outskirts of Windimir." Toby's tone turned grim.

"But your Majesty, I give you grave news. Your mother passed away last year in the spring. She grew sicker and sicker in waiting to hear news about your return."

"Oh." Jasper and I said at the same time.

I sank into a chair and so did Jasper.

"She's buried with your father in the rose garden. There's horses in the stables for your travels." Toby sighed.

I thanked him and gave him a final embrace before we left. I'd promised him that I'd be back soon.

I followed Jasper outside where he helped me up behind him on the horse. We sped off towards the palace.

"This is all my fault, if I hadn't enraged the warlock, none of this would of happened." I whispered.

"Do not worry about it, Hattie." He soothed.

He squeezed my hand reassuringly. We thudded along, the sky gradually getting darker. It began to rain, sending heavy drops to soak us. We reached the palace before the storm. Jasper got down and lifted me off. A groomsman took the horse into the stables. I trailed Jasper into the gardens. My dress was drenched and my feet were bare but I did not care. Jasper turned around and told me gently to go inside. Instead I waited until he had turned his back and then I hid behind an ornate pillar. I watched as he approached the marble tomb. He just stood there with one hand on his mothers tomb.

"Goodbye. If only I had followed protocols, this wouldn't of happened. I just wished that so much time hadn't passed. But it did. Then I fell in love with the Curse Breaker and I thought damn to the consequences. I wished you could of lived so as to see our future. I will make a better future." His breath hitches and he turned his face to the sky.

I mistakenly sneezed. Jasper whipped around and strode over to me. He knelt and took my hand.

"Miss Muffet?" He asked.

"Jasper, you are aware that you are kneeling in a puddle?" I smiled.

"Oh." He looked down and then up at me.

He cleared his throat.

"Just trying to keep the conversation light." I laughed.

He beamed and said,

"Would you do me the honour of spending your life with me?"

"Is that a proposal?"

"Yes, Harriet." He replied though gritted teeth.

"Very well, I accept."

"You do!?" He seemed shocked.

I laughed again. He stood up quickly. He seized me around the waist and kissed me. I gasped and muttered,

"I love you."

"I love you, as well." He mumbled against my lips.

Once again, we were interrupted by passing servants who escorted us inside.

************
   Jasper's POV,
I stood at the altar, my whole body full of pins and needles. This was not a woman I was going to run from. No, this one I planned to spend every moment with. She was my other half, she was the moon to my stars. I watched as the church doors open and she waltzed though, a vision in white. She reached me in a heartbeat and I smiled warmly at her. We said our vows dutifully.

"I do." We said in unison.

Then I kissed her, sealing our fate together.