Escape

Harriet's POV,

   I stood my ground, postively shaking. The warlock smiled indulgently and waved his hand causing Jasper to fly into a wall. I watched in horror as he slumped to the ground, blood trickling down his face.

"No." I gasped.

I tried to go to him but the warlock held me back.

"Ah ah, no, my dear, you come with me."

He touched his fingers to my head and I slumped in his arms.

*******************
    Jasper's POV,

I awoke with a start. My wrists twinge painfully as my arms were strung up above me. My head jerks toward the door as a shadow passes by it.

"Please!" I begged.

The door opened to reveal a short, wiry figure who had a sneer on his face. My heart dropped when I knew it wasn't the warlock.

"What!?" He growled.

"Let me go! I have to get to her before it's too..." My voice cut off in a dry sob that racked through me.

I yanked hard on the chains and yelped as a shudder of pain ran through me. The man laughed sourly and left, slamming the door hard. I heard the lock click and I dropped my head. No, I would let my hopes drop, I wrench at the chains that bind me and scream hoarsely as my shoulder detaches. I gasp and hang limply. Then the door opens again, revealing the warlock. He grinned at my woebegone appearance.

"You shall come with me." He snarled.

"Go to hell!" I barked.

With a wave of his hands, the chains vanished and I fell to the ground. I heard the crack of bone as my shoulder was reattached. Then he bound my hands with rope and led me along with magic. The warlock entered a small room with a mirror at the end of it. I entered behind him just as the candles flickered to life. The mirror lit up showing a figure sitting in the chair, blindfolded.

"Hattie!" I yelped.

"No. Do not step forward."

I did not care, I wasn't going to loose her again. I stepped forward just as she stood up. The warlock stared at us incredulously. Next thing I knew, the mirror had shattered, spearing shards of glass around the room. Hattie ripped off the blindfold and grinned at me.

"You took you're time, Jasper." She breathed.

She untied the ropes and hugged me tightly. Then we both turned to the warlock, wondering what he'd do next. He smiled benignly,

"Very well, you have beaten me at last. I suppose I cannot stop true love, I'll make arrangements for your departure. Although, one of your descendants owes me their soul."

I stared cluelessly at him but he refused to give any more information about it. My hand found Hattie's and we walked slowly out of the room following the warlock. He lead us through the castle and out into the courtyard. Up above us was solid rock, the castle was lodged inside of a cave system. The warlock muttered something about time difference since we had been here several hours. He then warned us that we might not like what had happened outside of his realm. He took to a stable where a rust red horse was waiting. I helped Hattie up and then mounted myself. The horse took off like lightning through the cave.