Chapter Four : Betrayal

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Natsuki!" I heard Yui from a far. "You've better not eating those fish in th pond!"

I pouted and turned to where her voice came from. "I'm not! I would never do that!" I argued

Yui ran towards me and to my side before giving a chuckle. "Alright, alright." She said. "But hey, Natsuki come to the picnic area! We're going to show you something cool!"

"Okay." I said as I stood up and followed her to the main area.

We arrived and we sat down on the cloth layed in the grass. Sachi turned to us and smiled. "Shall I show it now, Yui-chan?" She asked.

"Yeah, I think Natsuki is worthy to know about this, since he became part of our group not long ago." Yui said.

"Okay." Sachi said and took out a small wooden box. She opened it revealing four colorful and shiny key chains with beautiful and cool designs, carefully placed inside.

"Woah~" I said in awe. "What are these?"

"These are the famous key chains we four have been saving for three years." Yui said as she carefully took out one. "They're so expensive! Each of these key chains costs so much so be careful with it, alright!?"

Yui then hold out the adorable bunny designed key chain and smiled proudly. "I got this one! I got this as a present in my birthday~!" She explained.

She then pointed to the four leaved clover key chain. "Masami got that one! His parents gave it to him as a present for being the highest in class!"

She then pointed to the flower key chain one. "And Sachi-chan got that key chain! Sachi-chan was so nice and helped out in the school garden, one of the teachers gave her this!"

Finally, she pointed to the last key chain which is a lighting bolt shaped key chain. "And this last one is Tokaji's! His classmates gave him this for being the hope in the sports festival!"

"And that's all, Natsuki! Right now, we're currently saving up money to buy more of these beautiful key chains!" Yui said. "You could say that this four key chain is the symbol and proof of our friendship."

"Whoa..." I said in awe, my tail swaying left and right, unconcsiously. These people have been a lot more closer than I thought they were. "Can...Can I buy a badge and place my own key chain here!?"

Everyone looked suprised. "But, Natsuki, they're crazy expensive, you know that!?" Tokaji said, raising his eyebrow.

"I'll work something out!" I said and smiled. "I want to have a proof of my friendship towards all you as well!"

They all looked at each other, as if having a conversations in their minds that only I don't understand. After a while, they all looked at me, smiling. "Sure, Natsuki." Yui said. "You're part of our group, after all!"

I smiled at all of them, happily as I am content with their answers.

***********

"Ah, everyone!" We all heard Sachi's light voice calling us. "Mom is here to fetch us!"

We all turned to her in disappointment written in each of our eyes. Well, the sun is setting and we need to go home. We all walked towards the car waiting for us in the road.

We all rode the car with Sachi's mom asking us about our day. We individually answered our answers and eventually, the car started driving.

Few minutes have passed and everyone fell asleep. Well, except me, Yui, and Sachi's mom who's driving the car right now. "Hey, Natsuki, you'll sleep in my house today, right?" Yui suddenly asked me.