When Realization Strikes

*¡*¡*¡*¡*Mabel's P.O.V.*¡*¡*¡*¡*

I ran back into the shack, ignoring everyone who tried to stop me and ask what's wrong. How could he? That filthy monster!! He must know how worried we are about him, yet he decides 'oh, I'm going to joke around and tell his family that he's DEAD,' Who does that?! Bill Cipher, that's who.

  Running upstairs, my feet automatically take me to Dipper and I's room. I slide onto the spot where my bed used to sit, considering how we pushed the beds out to make room for McGukkit's blueprint plans. Just like I wanted to, I curled up into a ball and pulled my violet sweater above my head. I stayed like that, sobbing silently to myself.

  I stayed like that for what felt like hours, but in reality must've been only minutes. That was when the door opened, and I heard footsteps coming closer. Immediately, I tone down my crying.

"Grunkle Stan? Grunkle Ford?" I called out, never once removing myself from my homemade chrysalis. There was no answer, but the footsteps continued. That's when I realized, they were too light to be Stan's, and too clicky to be Ford's.

"..Candy? Grenda?" I asked again, this time shivering slightly. I'm afraid to look. I can't. Again, no answer. The footsteps stopped, and I could feel the floor move a little from the person sitting down next to me. Then, one final name popped into my mind.

"P-Pacifica?" I asked. The person chuckled a bit.

"It's about time you got my name right." Said a voice with a slight valley girl accent.

"Hey, Mabel... you okay? I saw you run up here.." she trailed off. Finally, I pulled my head out of my sweater and looked at her. I couldn't answer, however, all I could do was nod. Pacifica slung her arm around my shoulder in a friendly and, almost caring, way.

"I heard everything. I was watching out the window," She explained. "so I know what happened, what he said.."

We sat there in silence after that, no one saying a word. I went to my thoughts. Why Bro-Bro? Why did you make a deal with him?! What possessed you to-- I stop my train of thought. I stopped everything I was doing - even my breath hitched. My eyes widen as a look of shock ran over my face.

"Mabel? What's wrong?" Pacifica asked, seemingly a little uncomfortable and worried.

"P-possession..." I mumble. The blond beside me tilts her head.

"Huh?" She asked, stupified.

"Possession. P-possession!!" I say, then yell. I jump up and run downstairs. Ford and Stan looked at me as though I had two heads.

"Mabel? What is it?" Grunkle Ford asked, bending down to my height.

"Kid?" Grunkle Stan placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Possession!!" I yell again, running my hands through my hair.

"What?" They both ask. Everyone else is also staring now.

"Possession.. Dipper's been possessed by Bill again!!!"

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;Bill's P.O.V.;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;

  After PineTree fell asleep for the night, I decided to go and do some research. As I exited the kid's room, I saw a couple of my HenchManiacs dawdling. Quickly, I changed into my demon triangle form and floated outside the room. Upon seeing my being, my HenchManiacs waved and said their hellos. Not wasting another minute, I ordered them to search the town again. They groaned, annoyed - obviously no mortal was left out there, excluding the Mystery Shack.

  In all honesty, I didn't want to be bothered in any way shape or form. My research deserves my full attention, and I can't be held back. I approach my study and yank the door open.