Sandcastles at Sunset

En başından başla

"Well, in that case, I guess we should get going. Thanks for your help, Maz." Ahsoka smiled.

"My pleasure." She turned her head and spoke directly to Lux. "Now don't you forget what we talked about, son." He nodded and led Ahsoka out of the store.

As soon as the door shut behind them, Ahsoka stopped Lux. "What you two talk about?"

"Nothing."

She brought her hands to her hips. "You really aren't gonna tell me?"

"Nope, not yet."

-:-:-:-:-:-

Soon, they arrived. Ahsoka helped Lux unload and carry the stuff from the car to the shore. Since she had no idea what it was like to spend an evening on the beach for pure fun, she let Lux pick out the perfect spot.

When her toes first hit the warm golden sand, Ahsoka knew this was going to be one of the best evenings of her life. She looked out at the deep blue waves crashing against the shore, making the sand sparkle like a thousand tiny jewels. The humid sea air surrounded her and relaxed her. She looked up at Lux, who closed his eyes and smiled. A warm breeze swirled around him, sending his hair in all directions.

She let her gaze wander to the other beach goers playing games, swimming, and building sandcastles. Fishermen's lines were hanging off the pier in hopes of catching dinner. Surfers were trying to catch one last wave as the sky grew darker. Some teenagers were setting up a large tent with a dance floor and huge speakers for a beach-side party. Everyone seemed to be having a great time.

Lux lead her over to a quieter section of the beach, past a trio of squealing girls trying to attract Lux's attention. She could feel them radiating jealousy and something else she couldn't quite put her finger on. Lux looked over at them, rolled his eyes, and kept walking. She wanted to grab his hand protectively, but her own hands were full. They kept walking until Lux found a suitable spot. He put down the stuff he was carrying, laid out the blanket, and started taking out the food. Ahsoka set up the chairs and took off her clothes to reveal her swimsuit.

Lux stopped what he was going and stared for a few seconds, looking her from head to toe.

She immediately noticed this. "Do I look bad?" Ahsoka asked, full of concern.

He put down his sandwich and stood up, inching closer to her. Once their foreheads were almost touching, Lux whispered, "Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe how how look." He closed the distance and softly kissed her lips.

They pulled apart, and Ahsoka felt her face heat up. "Mr. Bonteri, are you flirting with me?"

"I wouldn't call it flirting – more like being extra nice to someone who is extra attractive."

-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Once they finished dinner, they swam in the ocean, built a sandcastle, and watched the sunset. It was a truly romantic evening, and Ahsoka couldn't have been more content.

An hour or so passed, they were both tired and thirsty. Lux decided to go try and get some water at the party tent on the other side of the beach, so he left while Ahsoka dried off.

She used the time to process the past 24 hours. Here she was, a Jedi Padawan, in love with a Senator. If her master were someone other than Anakin Skywalker, the king of broken rules, she would have already been thrown out of the Order. Regardless, she enjoyed every moment spent with him. Their relationship had been everything she dreamed of and more.