Chapter 7

Hey there! I hope you guys are still reading this story. Thanks for your views! So this is chapter 7. I hope you like it...... 

As expected, it was raining outside. Mizuki looked at the sky, watching the water droplets falling down. She could hear them tapping on the umbrella, as she and Asahi stood under it while walking down the street.

"It seems it won't stop until tomorrow," Asahi spoke.

"Oh, I see..." she casually said. She then noticed Asahi's shoulder with a damp spot.

"Ah, Asahi...your jacket's getting wet."

"Don't worry," he smiled, "I don't want you to get wet, so..."

"... You're too nice for your own good," she sighed with a smile.

"Ahaha..."

"You know, I kind of like the rain," Mizuki said, "even though sometimes I get wet, I like to watch the rain when I'm inside. I would cover myself with a blanket and drink warm tea. Its so relaxing..."

"Ahaha, I feel the same way," Asahi chuckled.

"Although, I don't like it when the lightning comes."

"Eh? Why is that?"

"U-um...well...you see..."

Suddenly, they heard the rain rapidly falling even more.

"Sounds like its getting heavy...at least we're under this umbrella."

"Yeah..."

VvvvrrooOOOOMMmm

SPLASH!!

"Aahh!!" They both screamed when a car came by and splashed water on themselves. Now they were drenched from head to toe.

"Hah... is this what you call, irony?" Asahi awkwardly laughed at her question.

"H-hey...my house is right up this street," he pointed, "why don't you come by so we can dry off."

"Sure." They hurried to the house. It was getting worse outside, but luckily they were able to reach it in time. Asahi opened the door and let Mizuki walk in.

"I'm back~" he chanted.

"Thank you for having me," Mizuki said. Just then, she saw a woman peeking out from the hallway.

"Oh, Asahi. Welcome back," she smiled at him.

"Mom..."

"Mom?" Mizuki questioned.

"Ah, Mizuki! Is that you?" The woman ran towards her and hugged Mizuki.

"M-mom!?"

"I thought it was you," she cooed over the small girl, "I know that orange hair anywhere. You look so pretty...and you grew too."

"U-um..." The woman let go of her and gasped.

"Oh my, you two are soaking wet. You must be freezing..."

"M-mom...do you know Mizuki-san?" Asahi asked.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I should have told you. You see, her mother and I are old friends."

"Eh?" they both were shocked.

"We meet at the grocery store sometimes. Mizuki was still small when we met, so she probably doesn't remember me."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Don't be," she swatted her hand, "now...Asahi, be a dear and get Mizuki a towel. I'll call her mom and tell her she's staying over for the night."