Chapter 6

My heart was pounding faster and louder and stronger than ever before. I looked all around. I almost slipped on a bead. Then I looked on the floor. The beads looked familiar. A memory flashed of Sabrina hugging me and I felt the beads against my chest. The same beads that were on the floor were the same beads that were on her necklace. I looked up to see if there was anyone who has seen this, and I realized that on the Fourth of July nobody is here. I looked back on the floor and saw that there was a whole line of the beads. I picked up the beads one by one and followed them. It led to a truck that was white. First, I took a picture of the license plate because it looked super suspicious. I looked to see if anyone was in the drivers seat and it was a man about 40-45 years old and he was on his phone with earbuds in.
*Sabrina*
I'm scared. I'm going to die today. I was patiently just sitting on the bench waiting for Adam. The exact place where he told me to wait, and I realized that nobody is here, and I only had the pigeons to keep me company. After like 30 seconds, not even, like 10 seconds after Adam left, it turned black. I screamed very loud and someone's hand-- a man's hand covered my mouth. He put some sort of sack over me and carried me over his shoulder. I was so scared. I started saying duaa over and over again. Please Allah protect me. Please Allah what did I do wrong. Wait. Is it because of Adam? Is it because I was attracted to him before marriage. No. It can't be. Oh my god, there's a hole in the sack! I ripped my necklace carefully so that the beads don't fall, and whisper, "Please Adam find these and save me.. Please." I put the beads through the holes one by one to make a track to where I was going. I hope this works.
*Adam*
I went back and quietly opened the
trunk.
*Sabrina*
Oh my god, I heard the trunk open. I was inside the trunk in the sack, but I couldn't see anything. I thought it was the guy that took me but I heard, "Pssst. It's me Adam. Sabrina are you in there. Don't make any noise just whisper yes or no." My heart was pounding. I said, "Yes, Adam it's me. It's me Sabrina. It's me the girl that you proposed to today. The girl that you left alone in the union square park. It's me Sabrina, Adam. It's me." I heard him sigh. "Allhamdulliah, finally I found you. I getting you out. Now." I felt myself get picked up and he took me out of the sack. When that happened, I heard the engine of the trunk I was in roar to life. "Adam hurry!" I whisper-screamed. "Don't worry I got you." I got out of the sack, and Adam carried me back to union square. "Adam, thank you so much...for saving me. I had faith in you. Thank you so much Habibi. I love you." I pecked a kiss on his cheek. Adam said, "I would've never stopped until I found you." He hugged me and said, "Now it's time to bust that idiot." "Yay!! Wait how? Did you like take a picture of him or something?" "Nope, even better. I took a picture of the license plate. I could just take it to the police station and they're gonna take it from there." "Okay, Adam. I'm trusting you in this. Just go do it quickly. " "Okay, habibity come on." Adam put his arm around me. While we were walking Adam held my hand and we intertwined our fingers. I saw people giving me dirty looks, until one man about 50 years old shouted in Arabic, "ASTUGFURALLAH what are you doing? You know that you can't have boyfriend! You stupid? Take off hands right now! May Allah punish you for your disgusting act. Aruuf (disgusting in Arabic)..." Adam put his arm around me. The man shouted, "Was I speaking Chinese? I said no boyfriend or girlfriend. " Adam calmly responded, "Habibi, she's my khutuba (fiancée in Arabic). So shut up." We walked away. "Thanks Adam. You're too cute." He tightened his arm around me.
————————————————————
*Adam*
We finally finished the whole police station thing, and the guy is getting arrested. I really wanted Sabrina to come to my house and meet my family, but I don't know if she's gonna want to go today or not. I'll just ask her. "Darling, do you wanna come to my house today? I know it might seem unsuitable right now, but I really want to come." She slapped me. "What'd ya do that for?" I asked, rubbing my cheek. "Because no smart person would think that I WOULD'NT want to meet your family. I gotta see where you get your beauty from. Plus, ever since you showed me that adorable picture of baby Mohsin, I have been DYING to see him. First, I gotta go home and change into something nicer." "Okay, I'll come with you." "What?" "I. Will. Come. With. You." "I know what you said but–ugh whatever. Let's go." Adam got an uber and we went inside. The uber took us to my apartment. "Okay, Adam. Here we are." "Hey Mr. Carpenter!" I waved to the doorman. "Adam that's the doorman.. Say hi. He's super sweet." "Hi, Sabrina! Is this your new friend?" "Yes he's my finaceè." "Oh, beautiful. Make sure I'm invited to the wedding." "Of course." I giggled and we went to the elevator to my apartment. "Adam my apartment is really small but I mean, I hope you like it."
Here is how Sabrina's apartment looks like:
Living room:

" Here is how Sabrina's apartment looks like: Living room:

Kitchen:

Bedroom:

Bedroom:

Bathroom:

Bathroom:

"And my favorite room of all

"And my favorite room of all... The
Vanity:

"Wow Sabrina

"Wow Sabrina. You have a beautiful apartment! I love it. Well I'm gonna go sit outside in the living room and you can get ready.