Chapter 13

Ethan: been a tough 12 hours w/o u ):
       I smiled down at my phone as I walked through the gates of my school. Ethan and I had just hung out last night, yet he continues to text me he misses me every hour. He's really adorable. I love this Ethan and not the jerk one.

    I went to my locker to put in my math book and locked it. I still had about ten minutes until the bell rang and I wasn't sure if anyone was here yet. Maya usually comes a minute before the bell rings.

To: smol beans
me: anyone here yet?
Maya💜: lol no
Callie😚: OH SHIT IM ABOUT TO B SO L8
Grace😽: I'm w Alex & Jack & the twins come thru we @ da quad
me: omw!!
Grace😽: bitch I swear don't just come for Ethan 😑
me: I'm going 4 u my luv 😚😚

I locked my phone and slipped it in my back pocket. I walked to the quad which was in the middle of the school, so I took a short cut. I saw Grace sitting by Alex, with Jack, Ethan, and Grayson sitting on the other side.

I picked up my pace when me and Ethan made eye contact. We smiled at each other. Though, he only smiled for a quick second before looking away.

"Hi!" I sat by Grace and gave her a hug. I waved to Alex but he got up. He came next to me and hugged me.

"We need to start talking more, so hi!" I agreed with him. He sat next to me so now I was in the middle of him and Grace.

"HI, ROWAN!" Grayson yelled.

"Yo, Gray, I'm right in front of you." I covered my ears, due to his loud voice.

    "Sorry, I'm just excited to see you." He blushed and smiled at me.

   "As I am with you. I love you, bff." I smiled at him with a cheesy, kiddish one.  From the corner of my eye, I saw Ethan grin at me.

   "I love you, too. Okay, but where's Maya?" I rolled my eyes, but smiled at the same time.

"Running late, as usual. Haven't you been here long enough to know this?" He nodded and I turned my attention to Jack who was talking about a test we have in third period.

"Jack, shut up. We don't want to think of that." Alex rolled his eyes and put his head in his hands.

"I'm going to fail so good." He said, wth a smile at the end.

"You mean bad?" Grace asked, confused.

"No, I meant good." Alex smiled and got up. "I have to go get my science book before the bell rings. I'll see you idiots later!" He waved goodbye, which we all returned.

  I scanned the quad and looked around at the people and the staff simply sitting and waiting for the school bell to ring. It sucks that we're forced to attend school and let it depend what we're going to be doing for the rest of our lives. Of course this isn't always true.

    I saw my dad, or do I mean the principal, walking into his office. I dismissed myself from my group of friends and decided it be best to go say hello to my father. I haven't talked to him in a while and I thought it be cool to catch up.

I walked into the office area and headed straight to his personal office. I smiled at the other workers and said 'good morning' to some. I reached my dad's door and knocked before walking in.

"Come in." I heard his voice say.

"Hey, dad." I sat in one of the chairs he had in front of his desk. He sat im his big chair and smiled at me.

   "Morning, my love. How's your mom? How has her week started?"

    "It started good. We went and tried Lemonade for the first time, I need to take you there. How was your third date?" I smiled, my dad was finding happiness and I couldn't be more happy for him. I want my mom to start dating too, but she doesn't want to just yet.