Chapter 10

As soon as school let out, I jumped in my car and sped to my mom's house. It's her week. I didn't have to stay for after school dance practice, which I was so thankful for. I blasted "Wrong" by Zayn ft Kehlani.

   This song is my absolute favorite at the moment. Driving and music always clear my mind, and soon enough I was home.

   "Hey, momma. Maya and Callie will be over soon, we're going over to Grace's for a party, is that fine?" My mom was always the more laid back one and liked that I was sociable. My dad however, didn't like me going to parties or constantly going to my friends' houses because he didn't know if anyone besides the people I said were over or if there was alcohol. He trusts me, but he was just worried.

   "Be home by midnight, and please don't drink and drive. Your limit is a cup, but nothing strong if you drive. If you're wasted please call me and I'll pick you up. Of course, you'll be grounded for a day or two." I knew my mom's rules and I was completely fine with them. I agreed and went upstairs to shower.

    By the time I got out, my stomach was growling and I felt extremely hungry. I heard music playing from outside my room and I knew the girls were here. I walked into my walk in closet and chose my outfit.

   My outfit was a maroon t-shirt dress that went to my mid thigh, with spandex underneath, black high heeled short booties and black knee high socks. The dress is kind of shorter than I usually go for, but it's really cute. I went back in my bathroom, it's joined with my closet, and blow dried my hair.

    My hair's length was a little below my shoulder blades. I decided to curl it with my wand and made them loose. Before I applied all this heat I used my heat protector spray because not down to kill it even more.

  I sprayed Ariana Grande's "Frankie" perfume and got out of my bathroom. I greeted my friends and went to pick jewelry. Callie said to wear my Tiffany heart necklace and my three silver bracelets. Maya told me to add my silver rings on my right hand, two on my thumb, and one on my middle finger.

Maya was wearing a black skater skirt, with a lacey white crop top, and light brown boots. Callie was wearing high waisted black jeans, with a maroon brallet, though it went down to the middle of her torso, and black sandals. Obviously me and Callie took a picture since we were basically matching.

    We went downstairs and we all hugged my mom goodbye.

    "Remember, if you drink a lot you have to call me. I will pick you girls up. And then yell at you all in the morning, have fun my loves!" My mom waved at us as we drove out of the driveway.

"Are we picking up Grayson and Jack?" I asked.

"No, Grayson just texted me they'll be driving there and just meet up with us." Maya replied. I nodded and continued driving. Callie kept freaking out and asked multiple times if she looked fine. She liked him so much it was cute and annoying at times.

As we continued our way to Grace's house, my two best friends talked about their love lives and their crushes. While I on the other hand, had no boy to talk about. At some points I would say I liked Ethan, others I would say I just wanted to kiss him. Kissing is easier than dating. With dating comes commitment and more chance for a heart break. Kissing is just kissing and it doesn't mean you're automatically dating them. If only I listened to myself weeks ago.

We arrived to Grace's house and I found parking a house down. Maya excitedly ran out to find Grayson and Callie went to go get Jack. I slowly got out of the car and wondered if they were going to leave me this whole night. As I got closer to my friends, I noticed a certain Grayson look-a-like standing near them.