Chapter 5

Katy Perry's on replay
"SHE'S ON REPLAY DJS GOT THE FLOOR TO SHAKE PEOPLE GOING ALL THE WAY!" Maya and I screamed the lyrics to Up All Night by our forever favorite boy band, One Direction.

"I'm going to need this turned off, in order to not cry first period. Thanks." Maya turned down the music, as I parked the car in our school's student parking lot. I unplugged my phone from my aux and turned off the car.

Me and Maya grabbed our bags from the back seat of my car.

"Still can't believe I actually read that book." Maya said, and did a creepy movement when she said 'book.'

"You only read it to get close with Grayson. And reading books that teachers assign isn't so bad." I rolled my eyes as we walked through the gates of our school.

"Hey, I did you a favor. You got alone time with Ethan, so.." She trailed off, giving me a wink.

"Shut up, you always over exaggerate when I talk to guys."

"That's because you're always awkward! When they're cute, anyways. But still, this is new." She exclaimed. The bell rang and we said our goodbyes. We were still walking in school, so Maya had to walk a bit faster to reach her locker and first period.

I took my time since my first period teacher wasn't so strict on being on time. She usually takes attendance later.

"Oh, hey, Gray!" I waved as I caught up to him. He smiled back. "So, Maya huh?" I wiggled my eyebrows, causing him to laugh.

"Oh, shut up." He shoved me a bit as we walked through the doors of Duargo's class. This was about to be a long day..

3rd period-

Ethan hadn't talked to me all second period. Grayson and Maya were in their own world and I was kinda lonely.

"Hey, Eth-" I stopped myself when I noticed a certain somebody making out with a certain slu- I mean girl. She was sitting on his lap. At his desk. That was next to mine. By me. With her tongue down his throat. I want to throw up.

"Woah, Ethan! My man!" I heard an obnoxious, jock holler from behind the room. They broke away and I saw lipstick stains all over Ethan from Kristen.

"Hey, um Kristen? Yeah, maybe next time you might want to use some setting powder on your lips when you decide to eat a boy's face off. Or you can just stay trashy." I sent her a wickedly sweet smile. She groaned, rolled her eyes, and got off his lap.

    "Thanks for ruining the fun, buzz kill." Ethan mumbled, rolling his eyes.
   "Welcome." I crossed my arms and our teacher began the lesson. I wasn't paying much attention, I was simply focused on the clock.

    It felt like 20 hours until we were let out. I rushed to fourth period, only to see Grayson sitting by my seat. Don't get me wrong, he's cool but his twin is so weird.

   I gave him a slight smile, while he gave me a huge grin. I can't take my annoyance out on him when he didn't do anything. I shouldn't be acting like a brat. What is wrong with me?!

"The assignment is a partner one and it's all in the book. You'll just be finding definitions and do diagrams. That's all for today, guys. Taking it easy since it's Friday." Mr. Lowe explained to us before sitting at his desk.

   "Be my partner??" Grayson pulled my arm. I slightly chuckled and nodded. He scooted his desk closer to mine and I got up to get the books. After 15 kids shoving me, I finally got the books.

     "Okay, so screw definitions. I want to get to know my best friend more." Grayson dropped his pencil and rested the side of his head in his left palm, tilting his head to stare at me.

    "What do you want to know, best friend?" I chuckled a bit, and raised my eyebrow. He wanted to know everything.
"You sure?" He nodded. I felt my stomach feel a bit uneasy. I would gladly refuse to ever let anyone into my life again, I have trust issues.

Grayson seemed like a nice guy, but I hate letting people know so much about me. I hate feeling vulnerable. Like oh you know that one secret that could potentially ruin me if everyone found out. I mean, I have no life threatening secrets, but I'd rather not buses people know certain things about me that I only tell my best friend.

I know, I have a few close friends, but all I ever really tell them is the little things about my life. Maya knows everything. And, if I tell Grayson everything, he'll be the second to know.

"You have to swear to secrecy though." I put out my pinky and he laced his with mine. We were in the back of the class and it seemed that everyone was busy in their own world. The closest person was two table ahead of us.

"Okay, I'm Rowan Alexa Butera, 16 years old, and I was born December-" I got cut off my a very excited Grayson.

"DECEMBER WHAT?!!" He started to shake me a bit and we gained some stares.

"Seventeenth." I laughed out.

"Sixteenth for me and Ethan!! We could've been birthday twins. Er, triplets. Okay, continue!" He sat back in his seat and urged me to go on.

"Um.. I have an older sister but she's in New York for studies. She's 22. She wants to be a fashion designer and that's where our similarities end. I want to go to Juilliard or NYU and study dance, music, theater, and writing. Kinda why I wanna start a YouTube channel. Never had a boyfriend, never been kissed, never been "in love." Me and Maya have been best friends since 7th grade, so if anyone hurts her, I'll hurt them. Cliché, I know. Uh um, my parents divorced just last year. I'm with my dad one week and my mom the next. They switch ever Wednesday, by the way thought you'd like to know. Oh, yeah I have a hard time trusting because Kristen, pretty sure Maya told you about her, she was my bestest friend once. She betrayed me freshmen year, telling everyone false things about me. Of course many people didn't believe her, but we're still tied for most well known Sophomore. Gosh, I hate L.A. Brats, like who cares who's the most well known in each class. Like, Brittany and Jim are freshmen well known, Jace is the most well known guy sophomore, and so on. Ugh, okay tell me about yourself pretty boy." I can believe I let that all out.

"You're my best friend, now. I'll watch over you." He pulled me in a huge hug, where I couldn't breath very well. Yet, I felt so secure. I hugged back, pretty hard as I usually only do light hugs. I do feel like this is a wonderful start to a beautiful friendship.

A/N I'm sad.. Christmas time is over ): BUT AYY I GO TO DISNEY TOMORROW!! so I may lag on the update again okay bye luvs WAIT 1k READS YOO WHAT THANKS I LOVE YALL vote/comment! Xxx😇💜