Chapter 3

I barely payed any attention in fourth period, and I was extremely thankful it was finally lunch time. I rushed out of class and headed to my locker to put in my book. My locker's in the back of the school, so you know, it sucks because couples. Couples everywhere.

I tried my combination three times because I literally always mess up on it. It's been two years, yet I always fail. Anyways, I walked over to where Maya and our other friends were at, and took a seat. Since we're in California, our school campus is outside. So for lunch we have outside concrete tables, that hurt after sitting for too long. I mean we have an inside cafeteria but it gets way too crowded.

"Hey!" I smiled. At our table it was Maya, Grayson, Anne, Callie, and Lexie. I had guy friends but I didn't really talk to them at lunch because I was so awkward. Grayson was an exception, he was really cool and he's new.

   "So, why'd I get a text fro Ethan saying, 'probz won't be at lunch with you guys.. Kinda got Rowan mad' ?" Grayson took out his phone and read the text exactly.

   "Look, Grayson, I know he's your brother but he really annoyed me." I sighed. I took a dollar from my wallet and asked if anyone wanted to come with me to the vending machines. Our school tried to go all healthy on us, but they still gave us chips. They were the 'less calories' and 'whole grain' shit.

    Callie said she would come with me, as she wanted a Rice Krispy. We got up and left, leaving Anne, Lexie, and Maya to bombard Grayson with questions. They always wanted to meet new people and get to know them more, which is so weird from me and Callie since we're the shy ones of the group.

    "So who is this Ethan? And is he cute?" Callie smiled, asking.
    "Do you find Grayson attractive?"
    "Duh, but not my type. He's more Maya's."
    "They're twins so yeah. I mean he's cute, but a jerk so no thanks." I rolled my eyes.
  "Yeah, but I mean you never know. You say that now, but watch y'all date in a month." She smirked. We finally reached the vending machine and I went first. I just chose the regular oven baked hot Cheetos. I put in the dollar and clicked B-3, making the chip bag fall.

      "Make that decision when you meet him. You have him 5th with me, Grayson, and Maya." I stated, opening my bag and was about to put a chip in my mouth when I heard 'ROW.'

      "Hey, dad." I nodded at him. What'd he want? He usually doesn't talk to me at school.

     "Hello, Callie. Row, I want to let you know that I'm actually going on a date tonight. I didn't know how to tell you since you might think I'm rushing it or-" I cut my father off. Should've known.

     "I figured. Whatever makes you happy, dad. I'll just have Maya over, since this one is always busy." I gave a small smile to him, knowing it must've been hard for him. And I pointed to Callie when I said 'this one.' Maybe this woman might be good for him.

    "Thank you, Row. Oh, and maybe have the guys over as well? I mean, they still need friends right? Make them feel welcomed. We'll talk more when I get home." He quickly waved and walked off.

"Okay, weird. Anyways, it's not my fault swim takes so much time." Callie defended herself as she bit into her Rice Krispy.

"Uh, bitch, I'm at dance for 2 and a half hours. I feel." I laughed and we started walking back to our table.

"Hey, Rowan. Can we, uh, talk?" I felt someone poke my shoulder and I turned around to be faced with the one and only, Ethan.

"Why, so you can call me a bitch and flirt with the girl I despise?" I scoffed, completely forgetting Callie's presence.

"I didn't- it wasn't to you. It was to Kristen for saying that stuff. She had no right. She's got a banging body, but not so nice personality. Doesn't mean I won't, you know, with her but still." He was looking down at the floor and barely made eye contact. It was evident he'd never somewhat apologized before.

"Okay." I turned around to walk back. I don't care if he's going to 'do' Kristen. I was just being his friend so I wouldn't get in trouble.

"That's it? I'm like saying sorry." He raised his voice a bit so I could hear. I rolled my eyes before turning around.

"What do you want me to say? 'Hey, Eth like you should totes come over to my house and you can tell me all about you wanting to have sex with the girl that annoys me the most! I'll text you the deets!'" I sarcastically said, enthusiastically.

"Get my number from Grayson. See you, later." He winked and walked off.

"That's not what I meant.." I sighed. Callie gave me a funny look and grabbed my arm.

"Let's go, babe." She started to pull me until I walked on my own. We made it to the table and I had a bummed expression. I ate my chips, which were great by the way.

"What's wrong?" Maya asked. I felt hers, Anne's, Lexie's, and Grayson's eyes all on me.

   "Just that Ethan thinks I invited him to my house because he apologized or whatever. I mean Grayson you can come. Maya, you too. And, Anne and Lexie I know you guys are too busy with volleyball." I explained, waving my arms all over the place.

    "Wait, Ethan apologized? That's weird and new." Grayson looked extremely surprised and continued to eat his salad. I just nodded and soon enough the conversation was changed to games and recitals.

    "Well, Grayson and Ethan's first football game is next Friday, but they'll be sitting the bench this Friday. Me and Anne are having a tournament this Saturday and Callie is having a meet next Monday. While you two are having a recital in two weeks on Friday. So what's the plan?" Lexie said, out of breath by the end. She had the tendency to speak really fast at times.

   "Well, us girls will go to next Friday's game because it's a home game, my and Maya will go to y'alls tournament Saturday, and then next Monday well try to make the meet?" I reasoned. We were always involved in each other's lives. A game, award ceremony, meets, or recitals, we're always trying our hardest to be there and support.

    "And we'll be there for the recital!" Grayson said, starting to clean up as the bell was to ring in 3 minutes. We all nodded and began to pick up our stuff as well. I went to the bathroom real quick to wash all the cheeto dust from my fingers. I always hated that, but I couldn't resist Cheetos at times.

    Maya was waiting outside with Callie and Grayson. We made small talk as the bell rang and we walked to fifth period.

      "Hey guys, wait up. Oh, hi who are you?" Ethan sped walked to us and asked who Callie was.

    "Callie. And you're Ethan. I know that because of Grayson." She simply stated. She got the jerky vibe from him, she claimed, so I knew why she was a little blunt with him.

    We made it our class fairly quick. Ethan and Grayson had to sit separated and in the back. Me, Maya, and Callie sat in the middle together. Class began and it was my favorite class: English. After dance of course but still. I was so ready for what our next book was to be.

A/N HEY Y'ALL okay next update should finally wrap up the first day... Let me know what you guys think and shout out to my best friend for surprising me with a bunch of readers omg okay I love her so much till later xoxo